May 29, 2010

7AM Should Not Exist On Satuday

Master and I knew we should have gone to bed at a half way decent time last night. But, we didn't. We stayed up until about 3am. When the alarm went off at 7am Master was already in the shower.

I got up and started getting ready.

We headed down to BC's house and when we got there there were two other people there helping pack up the U-Haul. They had gotten maybe three boxes in, so it wasn't very far along.

BC has lived in that house for about 22 years. He's 33 years old. The only time he moved away from home was for college. Then he was right back in with his parents. We've given him a lot of shit about that over the years. That's what friends do after all. We pick on each other.

But he is planning on purposing to his girlfriend of a year. HG is a really nice woman, now that I know her a little better. She was stand offish at first. And now that she has a job again (she was unemployed for quite some time unfortunately) they had decided to move out and get their own place.

So we were there to help BC move out. HG had her stuff moved to their new apartment last night. They did not ask for our help in that because she wasn't taking a lot of stuff with her since BC is providing most of the furniture. Much as it was with Master and I. He already had the furniture we needed, so I got rid of mine when I moved up here and only brought a TV and my clothes.

BC, since he had lived there so long, had a lot of stuff he needed moved. About a half hour after we started a good five other people showed up to help. Master and I thought that would make things go faster, but no. Master, BC, and I moved 90 % of everything. Everyone else was more interested in talking and making it look like they were doing something, or taking a break. Taking a break from what I don't know?

There were other women there. I was there lifting heavy shit, constantly moving unless it was something Master and BC had to carry because it was extremely heavy, in which case I just got the hell out of the way. The women were staring at me like I was crazy. Almost like, "The guys can do that..."

Well maybe it's my tomboyish ways turning back up, but when someone is moving, and they have to have the U-Haul back by a certain time, I bust my ass to make sure it gets done as quickly as possible. And if I can safely carry it, even though it may be difficult, I'm gonna fucking do it. Plus BC has been Master's best friend since high school, I'm not going to stress him out by standing there going, "But I might break a nail or my hair might get out of place!"

This attitude can be attributed to growing up with my Dad. Growing up I helped tear down our old garage, build a new one, knock out walls, paint, plaster, put up dry wall, tear out old carpeting, etc and so on. I also helped him put new brakes on his cars, smash out an old windshield, change tires, put in new shocks, the list continues.

And just because I was a girl didn't mean I was immune to helping out. My dad expected me to get in there and get my hands dirty. And so I did.

My tomboyish ways kind of unnerve certain types of guys. But not Master. Master finds it attractive, in it's own way. I mean He still loves when I put on some heels and something slutty, slap some make-up on and look nice for Him... But He also loves the fact that I want to get stuff knocked out when it comes to things like moving, or getting things taken care of. In fact sometimes I'm quicker to hop to it and knock it out than He is.. *laughs* I can't tell you how many times I've heard the words, "I didn't mean right now!" come out of His mouth.

Anywho...

We had gotten to BC's old house at 9am. The U-Haul had to be back by 3pm. HG had to go to their new apartment at 10am because they were having a washer and dryer delivered. So since everyone else was taking their sweet ass time, Master, BC, and I knocked that sucker out. We had the truck at the new apartment and completely unloaded by 11:30am.

When all that was left was the very heavy furniture I felt kind of useless. I hated it. Only Master and BC were moving things anymore, everyone else was sitting upstairs in the new apartment. I was not happy. There was one guy sitting in BC's computer chair which was still on the lawn, having a cigarette. That made me mad. There is Master dripping sweat, busting His ass, and BC who should be able to relax a bit, and this mother fucker who hasn't lifted anything heavier than a small tool box is sitting on his butt. So as soon as he got out of the chair to grab a soda, I lifted that sucker up and took it upstairs. Master was at the top of the stairs, heading back down to grab the last piece of furniture. When He saw me standing there pushing the chair onto the landing He smiled wide and said, "Good move, babe."

That's about as close to a good girl as we get when surrounded by people. I was so happy. And Master seemed proud.

They had gotten food and everything, but we both knew that BC and HG wanted to start getting things settled and enjoy their new home. So shortly after we finished a soda each we gave them hugs and headed out.

Master and I went home and relaxed. I took a nap, and we have basically sat at home, watching movies and eating ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment