May 25, 2010

The Heat Continues

Another hot day. Another day at work with the central air not working. Joy.

I drank lots of water, but again I'm wiped out today. I'm tired, sore, and a little cranky. I'm trying to keep my mood up though. I'm hoping that they have the central air fixed tomorrow.

I had e-mailed my supervisor yesterday asking him if he knew when he was going to be conducting the reviews that are past due. Mine is two months past due. A coworker's of mine is 5 months past due, and MZ (the driver of our carpool) is almost 8 months past due. To me that's unacceptable, but it's not like I can really say that to him.

I was polite in my e-mail when I addressed it.

But come on already. We come to work, we do our jobs, how about a little common courtesy by giving out the reviews at least somewhat on time? Granted they back date our raises, but still. Aside from the raise, I'd like to know how I'm doing so that if I need to improve I can, rather than not finding out about it until 6 months later when it's not really relevant anymore.

I had sent the e-mail at 11am yesterday. I finally got a reply at 9am this morning. Took him long enough, huh?

He said that he has been working on preparing them (maybe if you wouldn't let them all pile up it wouldn't take you so damn long) but since one of the trainers in our department has been out, he hasn't been able to do them since he's been covering her work. (The trainer has been out of the office for a week and a half on vacation. Not 8 months, douche.) But that he is hoping (key word, may be important later) to start getting them done, as in holding the actual review with HR and the employee in question, next week.

Next week he's only in the office for three days. I think about 75% of our department is waiting on their reviews. So I relayed this information to Master later in the day. He asked me when I thought mine might be done. I'm honestly not sure, since I'm pretty sure the supervisor is going to go in order of who has been waiting the longest. I think I'm near the bottom of that list. But lets hope that once he starts doing them, he gets on a roll and knocks them all out in a relatively short about of time.

I'm hoping that mine will be done within the next two weeks.

A few of the people in my department and I decided that the next time they send out the quarterly e-mail asking for our thoughts, and opinions on the supervisors of the company, that we're going to tell HR exactly what we think of our supervisor taking so damn long to do reviews. Again, we all plan on being professional about it. But damn, something needs to be done. And hopefully with enough of us "complaining" about it, action will be taken so maybe our reviews will be done within ya know.. say 30 days of our anniversary dates. It's a nice thought anyway.

Once I got home Master and I ate dinner. And we've been enjoying the evening with one another. Now I'm off to go watch Lost with Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment