March 12, 2010

Puppies!

After a long and boring day at work, Master picked me up and we went home. I got changed and put my hair up, which I hardly ever do. When I came out Master said I looked very nice. :-)

We then went down to the restaurant where we were meeting His mother and her fiance. (We ended up going to the place she wanted to go. It was easier that way.)

Dinner went rather well. Once we were done eating and had been sitting around talking for a bit she invited us out to their condo to see the puppies. Their dog had two puppies a little over two weeks ago. They are so tiny!

I am totally in love with the black and white one, which I have named Chewie. I spent the entire time we were there holding her. She smelled good, and she was super soft. She made little grunting noises if I stopped petting her. Absolutely adorable!

Master wouldn't hold her because He knows how much I want to take the puppy home with us once she's old enough to be taken away from her mother. And He said that if He held her He wouldn't be able to tell me no.

And we can't afford a second dog. Let alone one which we would have to get fixed, and the first round of shots, etc and so on. Plus we can't have two dogs in our apartment.

I mean our apartment is on the first floor. It's a very nice sized two bedroom. And it could comfortably handle another dog, especially since Chewie is going to be a small dog. But our lease agreement does not allow two dogs.

So while I know all of this, it doesn't stop me from wanting the pup. Don't get me wrong I love Ghost, our dog, very much. But he is and always will be Master's dog. I am second in that dog's heart and I know this. And I completely understand that. Master raised Ghost since he was 10 months old. I came into the picture when Ghost was 4 years old.

I miss having a "first" connection with a dog. I had that with my last dog and it is one of the greatest things on this planet. One day we'll be able to have two dogs. Although knowing my luck the second dog will connect more with Master as well. *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment