March 10, 2010

I Need A Vacation

It's not that life is unbearable at the moment, because it's not. Work is a little stressful, but that's not really unusual.

I don't know if part of this is stress from all of the family stuff that's been going on for the past two months, but I feel worn out today. Not physically, but mentally.

Work wasn't any more draining than usual. The evening with Master has been wonderful. I just took a nice relaxing bath while reading a book that is really catching my attention.

And yet, I feel like I need a vacation.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that our anniversary is coming up soon. We're coming up on 7 years together, 3 of which we've been married.

By the way did you know that the "traditional" gift for the third year of marriage is leather?! How much does that rock? The "modern" gift for the third year of marriage is crystal. But we got each other tattoos instead, in January when we had the money for them. Not that I'm complaining at all mind you! Our tattoos will last a hell of a lot longer than leather or crystal. I just find that sort of thing interesting.

Whenever our anniversary comes up, I think back to our honeymoon which was at Sybaris. And guess who just sent me coupons via e-mail? Yeah. Sybaris. They are tempting me! *shakes fist*

And Sybaris was so... perfect. There is no other way to describe our three days and nights there. Absolute perfection. I want to go back so badly! And I know Master does as well. We didn't have to deal with the day to day stuff, which was nice. I mean we missed our animals of course, but we knew they were well taken care of by our friend BC.

We were in our own little world, and it would be great to escape away to that once more. I'm hoping next year, for our anniversary we'll be able to go. Maybe not exactly on our anniversary, but around it. Plus that will be our 4th wedding anniversary, and we got married when we were together for four years, so that would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment