March 24, 2010

Day of Suckage

And not the fun kind! My coworker, we'll call her V just so I can stop referring to her as "my coworker", you know the one who's always slacking off?

Well she has been out of vacation and personal time since January. Her time does not renew again until August. In between January and now she has taken off quite a few afternoons, some how. Now the company I work for isn't exactly strict about going over your time. You get a formal warning that you have gone over your time, and they do say they will fire you over it. But last year before her time renewed she had gone over her time by 40+ hours.

August doesn't sound that far away, until you realize you have to make it that far at a job before your vacation and personal time are renewed.

She took today off. She called in. So I had to do her job, which meant that my work was pushed off to the side. Normally Wednesdays during my non payday week are jam packed with so much work I barely finish my own work before I leave. So yeah, I was not happy that I had to drop all of my work in favor of hers. So when/if she comes into work tomorrow it should prove to be interesting. I'm wondering what her excuse is.

Personally, if I knew I had to wait until August before my time renewed, I wouldn't be calling into work unless I was deathly ill, Master was deathly ill, or someone very close to me passed away. I'm paranoid that way, about the possibility of losing my job because I had the sniffles, ya know?

So I now probably won't be completely caught up on my work until early next week. Yes, one day can throw me off that much. It's insane.

There isn't overtime available so I can't go in on the weekend either. Blah.

Master picked me up and we took AM home. We all discussed how the hell V still has a job, with her attendance record. AM said that maybe my supervisor is looking for a replacement before he fires her. That would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment