March 8, 2010

Not Exciting...

.. so if you're looking for excitement you might as well skip my post for tonight. Seriously.

And I'm not complaining about the lack of excitement. In fact lately, I'm grateful for the days where Master and I just do whatever we want and not have to worry about anything.

Today was very, very busy.

I got into work and my coworker left for an hour and a half to run errands. *raised eyebrow* Monday mornings are busy as hell where I work. Like non-stop you don't have time to go pee or get a cup of coffee busy. So yeah. That was fun for the first hour and a half of work.

But after she got back I was able to focus on just my work, which was awesome because I got caught up on 99% of my back log (which honestly wasn't that much to begin with but it was still worrying me).

So it was with a sigh of relief when I walked out the door and we were heading towards downtown so Master could take me the rest of the way home. We dropped off AM and then went home.

The evening has been spent eating dinner, watching a really interesting movie called "Control" and me taking a nice long shower. Although it seems the hot water was mostly used up by the time I got around to taking it. Oh well, it was warm enough to relax my shoulders, so I can't really complain there.

This Friday we are going out to dinner with my mother-in-law to celebrate my birthday (which was last Thursday). She picked the restaurant. It's an Italian restaurant. We've been to this place before and it has great pizza and the garlic bread is yummy. But it's not the most comfortable place to eat. The last time we went we were sat at a table where Master and I couldn't really breathe because I was smashed up against a wall and another chair and He was smashed up between another chair and the path where the waiters walked.

They don't have booths! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?! I want a booth damnit, not a table. Master and I hate sitting at tables in restaurants. It just feels to open and like no matter how you try to get comfortable you're going to knock into someone or something.

So Master and I have been toying around with the idea of asking His mom if we could go to a different Italian restaurant, which is pretty close to the one she wants to go to. Now on the one hand I could pull the, "But it's my birthday celebration!" and see how that goes. But the place Master and I want to go to (where in my opinion the food is better, and the atmosphere is much more relaxed) isn't as.... "ritzy". I don't know how else to put it. "Ritzy" isn't really our thing, at all. We prefer a relaxed atmosphere and some place where we feel like we can just have a good time and be ourselves.

And when I mentioned this place to her in the past she turns her nose up at it.

This particular place we want to go to is where Master and I had our first date. So on one hand it'd be great to go where we want to go, for a change, but on the other hand we don't want her making snide little comments and ruining the evening. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment