March 4, 2010

My Birthday

First, let's answer some questions shall we?

What kind of slave mat do you have and where did you get it?
Well when Master first talked about getting me a slave mat, we honestly thought about just buying a large dog bed. But that idea soon went out the window because we figured Ghost (our dog) would just figure it was his. *giggles* There were also thoughts about buying this. But it was to expensive for something that's just going to sit on the floor, and we figured it would take up to much space. Although after looking for that first link I stumbled upon this, which basically looks like a giant bean bag chair. And I kinda want it now. *laughs*

So basically to save money, and so we could easily put it away, we got a bit creative. We purchased a queen size comforter and I folder it over twice to give it some extra padding. I then put a fitted sheet over it, to basically protect the comforter from dirt and what not since it is after all on the floor. I then took two of those pillows with armrests and tossed those on it. Ta-da! Instant slave mat. So basically to answer your question about where I got it, I got most of it at K-Mart.

When did you know that your Master was the One?
I knew Master was the one that I wanted to marry and be with forever and ever around the year and a half mark of our relationship, although I didn't propose marriage until about the two year mark. I knew that I loved Him about three months into the relationship. When did I know that I wanted Him to be my Master? That was pretty quick. I would say we started dabbling with that thought shortly after we started dating and it has grown from there.

How did I know that I wanted Him to be my Master? Honestly, I can't really explain that as I had never "served" anyone else before. I had never been in an M/s relationship prior to Master. All I knew was that I trusted Him, and that we both had an interest in such. The rest, as they say, is history.

How did I know that I wanted to marry Him? Well, I never thought marriage was that big of a deal before I met Him. Granted I was "only" 20 at the time we met, but I saw my parents marriage and how much that sucked, and so basically since I was old enough to have such thoughts, I basically shrugged at the thought of marriage.

But as our relationship grew and evolved I found myself thinking about marriage more and more. I knew I didn't want to spend another day without Him. I knew that I love Him very much, and that He was the only one I could trust completely. I hope that answered your question. :-)

....


Today is my 27th birthday. I woke up and started getting ready for work when my mother called at 7am on my cell phone to sing happy birthday to me. :-) She said I was lucky she didn't call at 2am since that was when I was born. She threatens that every year, and I just keep telling her she better not. *laughs*


I kissed Master goodbye as He slept right before I left. Once I got to work my brother sent me a text saying happy birthday. My dad called me, and I was honestly surprised by that. I love my dad but oh man is he horrible at remembering birthdays and what not. This is the first time in I'd say about four years that he remembered on the correct date, rather than three or four days later.


My coworkers had decorated my desk with balloons and a happy birthday banner, and also gave me a card signed by everyone in the department. My supervisor stopped by to wish me a happy birthday and give me a birthday card from the company with a $25 visa gift card in it! It was a very pleasant surprise.


The second in command of the company sent me an e-mail. It had no subject line and simply read "Please see attachment". Honestly my heart went into my throat. She never e-mails anyone unless it's very important, or very bad news. So I opened the attachment and it was an animated GIF that said happy birthday and had stars bursting all around it. I made sure to send an e-mail back thanking her.


Then, the biggest shocker of the day, was when the owner of the company came out of his office, walked right up to my desk and said, "Happy birthday (insert my real name here)!" I grinned from ear to ear and said "Thank you so much!" He smiled and nodded his head, then said, "No thank you!" and walked away.


Needless to say I felt very appreciated at my job today. My one year anniversary at the company is at the end of this month. And I have to say no job I've ever had has ever done anything like that for my birthday. I mean most companies couldn't care less. But all of that just from the company! I was flying high on it.


Master was so sweet today. He called me while I was at work to wish me a happy birthday, and when I got home He played a music video of Weird Al's "Happy Birthday To You!". He knew I would appreciate it and love the hell out of it.


He let me pick what movie we watched while we ate dinner. I chose Osmosis Jones. And then once my food had digested He gave me an extra long back rub. *purrs*


Plus most of our friends have either called or texted happy birthday wishes to me through out the day.


It's been an absolutley wonderful birthday. Turning 27 wasn't so bad after all. ;-)


Honestly turning 27 doesn't bother me. Yes, I'm one year closer to being 30 but honestly? I don't care. I'm happy, healthy, and very much in love. What more could I ask for? (Besides a winning lottery ticket I mean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment