July 14, 2009

Shoot Me Now

I went to work today, but I ended up having to leave early.

I wasn't feeling the best when I woke up this morning, but I got up and got dressed. Master was already at work, other wise I have a feeling He would have taken one look at me and told me to call in. I looked at myself in the mirror and went, "Wow.. I look like shit."

But I didn't really want to call in. I wanted to at least try and go to work. So I did. Master was on a really boring job site, so He called me quite a few times through out the morning. As the morning progressed He kept asking questions like, "Babe are you okay? You don't sound well." And I finally admitted that I didn't feel well at all.

It was the weirdest thing. I had these hot and cold flashes. My head was killing me, my lower back was really bothering me, and I swear my ovaries and/or uterus were trying to escape my body. Damn things. Normally being on my period doesn't effect me so strongly. Normally it's just some cramping, lower back pain, and that's about it. I don't know why it's deciding to kick my ass this month.

So I asked Master if it would be okay for me to go home. He actually "strongly suggested" it in the name of health concerns. So I tried to call my supervisor, but he didn't answer his phone. So I sent him an e-mail asking if it would be okay for me to leave early.

I got a very nice surprise in the response. He said that there was no way he was going to keep me at work if I wasn't feeling well. He said that my personal time is mine to use as I see fit and even said that he hoped I felt better. *whoa*

It's a hell of a nice change of pace from my last job, where they would basically act like prison guards if I asked to go home. Like I was trying to escape or some shit.

So I told my coworker that I was leaving early, and she acted really pissy about it. Oh I'm sorry... you've only taken off at least one day a week for the past month... *sigh*

The only down side to this was I had to take the bus home, which made my back and head worse. But at least I got home. Master called to make sure I had made it home okay. I checked some things online, watched a couple of epidsodes of Tripping the Rift while I tried to get my back to relax, and then I took about a four hour nap. I only got out of bed when Master called me to tell me He was on His way home. Whenever I don't feel well my body goes into shut down mode.

That was the main reason I wanted to go home from work. I couldn't concentrate at all, which isn't a good thing. Plus I'd rather leave early today and try to feel better then wake up in the morning feeling ten times worse and have to call in.

Master made sure I relaxed once He was home. We ate a light dinner and now we're just relaxing until tomorrow.

I am feeling a little bit better. A nice hot bath and that long nap really helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment