July 22, 2009

That's Mrs. Yote To You

On the way home from the bar on Saturday night Master started called me Mrs. (enter our last name here) and it made me giggle and some what blush.

(Side note: To make life, and typing, easier.. I'm going to be saying Mrs. Yote instead of Mrs. (enter our last name here).)

So He grinned that grin that I love and asked me why I so enjoyed being called Mrs. Yote even to this day. I mean He has a point. We've been married for damn near 2 1/2 years.

So I tried to think of an answer and came up with part of the reason as to why. The reason I told Him in the car was because I never thought marriage was a big deal or that I'd actually want to get married rather than feeling like I had to do it because it was the "next natural step of the relationship".

He said He understood completely.

Ya see before I met Master I was engaged to my ex. Thankfully I called off the wedding about a month before it happened, although unfortunately we stayed together after that for a while. That was dumb of me. But that's not the point of this post.

The reason why I even got engaged to my ex was because I felt it was the next step to take, not because I actually wanted to marry him. Sad isn't it? But I think a lot of people do that really. They get married or engaged because they think that's the next step they should take in their relationship, not because they actually want to be married.

And when I first met Master and we became more than fuck buddies He told me He never wanted to get married again. And I told Him that was fine because marriage wasn't a big deal to me.

Well two years into our relationship I started thinking that while I had never thought of marraige as a big deal or the thing to do... I wanted to marry Him. I wanted to be able to call Him my Husband and to be referred to as His wife. I wanted that.

So I proposed, and I was scared as hell because we had never talked about it since the time He told me He never wanted to get married again. And amazingly He said yes. We were engaged for about 2 years and now we've been married for a little over 2 years. Funny how our relationship is divided that way.

Two years dating. Two years engaged. Two years married. Done.

And I love it. I love being married to Him and hearing Him call me His wife and having the privledge of calling Him my Husband. I love it.

And I think another reason why I get a kick out of being called Mrs. Yote is because there isn't a lot of call for it in my life. I mean I hardly ever hear it. Most people call me by my nickname or by my full first name, and that includes my coworkers. So when I do hear it it makes me get butterflies in my stomach and can't help but smile.

I still remember the first time someone called me Mrs. Yote. We were at our wedding reception and my dad, his girlfriend, and my grandfather had all just arrived. Master and I got up to go greet them and my grandfather rushed to us, shook Master's hand and then gave me a hug and said, "Congratulations Mrs. Yote." And I grinned from ear to ear. He then asked, "Am I the first to call you that?" and I thought for a moment and said, "Oh my Gods yes you are!" and started laughing my fool head off.

Later I found it kind of funny that my grandfather was the first.. because we had literally spent like three hours with everyone who had been at the ceremony and no one had called me Mrs. Yote. But I'm glad he was the first.

I also remember the first time Master referred to me as His wife.

You see the whole "wedding party" (if you can call it that) had taken separate cars to the court house and we decided to go to a bar after. Well we were like the last ones to show up at the bar because we first had to stop at Game Stop and pick up a video game that just so happened to come out that day that Master had been waiting on for like six months. So we get out of the car and the wedding party is in the parking lot and L asks, "What took you so long?" and Master said, "Sorry My wife and I had to hit Game Stop."

*swoon*

We're weird, huh?

But I really don't think I'll ever get tired of it, and I don't think that butterflies feeling will ever go away. And I don't want it to.

Hell I still smile sometimes when I'm signing my name. I am so glad I took His name, rather then the new "trends" like hyphenating or keeping the maiden name. I'm very proud to have His last name.

No comments:

Post a Comment