July 27, 2009

All Over The Place

Today I had scheduled the day off of work for two reasons. First reason was that B, who normally gives me a ride to work, wasn't able to because he was out of town for a wedding. Second, today was the day Master was supposed to be leaving for a job contract up north. But then they changed their minds and said that Master wasn't going, that He would stay behind incase anything happened at the shop. Also, they moved the week that the group who were going up north to next week. Oh well.

I got up when Master did because I needed the car for the day. I drove Him to work, came home for about 20 minutes and then headed down about a half hour's drive to meet my mom and her husband. Their car won't make it up here and they wanted to see our dog and rabbits for a little while and also hit a store up here. Cool. So I drive down there, they get into my car, and we drive back up here. We stopped at my apartment first and Ghost was such a good dog. I was honestly surprised by how well he behaved.

We then went to a store up here, where I needed to return something. Well I didn't have the receipt and I didn't really remember how long ago I had purchased it. So the cashier told me that he needed to get their store manager. No biggie. So I waited about 15 minutes for her to get her fat ass up to the front of the store, she then moved me down to a different counter and I explained the whole thing again. She said, "How long ago did you buy this?"

I said, "I don't honestly remember. Maybe two to three months ago?" I was very polite. I even apologized for not having the receipt. She didn't say another fucking word to me and grabbed the box I had brought in, and walked away from me. I waited another 15 minutes and finally she came back with some sheet of paper and the box. She plopped the box down in front of me, shoved it towards me, and held up that stupid piece of paper rather smugly and said, "We havn't sold this item in about 10 weeks. Once 60 days have passed we don't take the item back."

I said, "I don't mind that. That's my fault. But you have been very rude to me."

She shrugged at me. She didn't say she was sorry or ask why I felt that way. She just fucking shrugged. So I said, "What's your name?" (She had a name tag on but I couldn't see it because her hair was in front of it.) She said, "I don't have to tell you my name."

I've worked in the customer service field for quite some time. Most of my working life actually. You do have to tell a customer your first name if they ask. So I said, "Excuse me? I just asked for your name." She again said she didn't have to tell me. So I said, "Fine. I just won't shop here anymore." She didn't say a word, and walked away from me. As I was storming out of the store the cashier stopped me very politely and said, "Her name is Ericka."

I smiled, said thank you and told the cashier that he had been very helpful.

I didn't let it ruin my day though. My mom, her husband, and I then headed back down to where we had originally met and had lunch. After that they went home and I went back home.

Once I got home I went on the store's website, got their customer service number and filed a complaint against the manager. They assured me that they would be forwarding my comments to the store's district manager. I told them everything. I hope the bitch gets fired. I would have been, at any of my past jobs, if I had talked to a customer like that.

I felt better though and the customer service lady was very nice and apologized at least three times and actually said, "The way she treated you was absurd."

So for the rest of the afternoon I sort of relaxed until Master called me at 3:15pm and said He should be getting out soon and told me to start heading toward His job. I did as I was told. He was waiting outside by the time I got there. We ate dinner and are now relaxing. Master isn't in the best of moods. His job keeps promising a raise, or a promotion, (He busts His ass at that job) but He knows its not going to happen because He sees what's going on with that company. It's going down the toliet. So His job is pissing Him off.

Tomorrow it's back to work for me. Hopefully it'll be a quick week.

No comments:

Post a Comment