July 28, 2009

If Only..

If only we could figure out what would be best.. for Master to keep His current job while attempting to find a new one, or quit His current job while searching for new employment.

Ya see, the bad thing is that with the way His job is.. there is no way to schedule interviews. He literally has no schedule. From day to day He doesn't know what time He is getting off work which leaves me guessing as to how I'm getting home. (Is He picking me up, am I taking the bus, am I asking B for a ride home...) I don't mind that part as much since I learned which bus to take to get me home. That has made life a lot easier in that respect.

But since He has no schedule He normally has to ask for a day off, when He does need to go in for an interview, and nine times out of ten they will tell Him no. Everyone else seems to be able to schedule a day off... His mother's boyfriend, who is also His coworker schedules whole weekends off. Hell he's schedule two weeks off at one point. The other guys there can just schedule a day off as they please... but not Master for whatever reason. Whenever He asks they tell Him it's not a good time and then He ends up sitting at His job with His thumb up His ass.

So we sit here wondering how we're going to get Him out of that damn hell hole. Cause if you call in to many times, eventually they'll just fire you. And on the one hand, that may work to our benefit for unemployment.. but when you're looking at a new job prospect and they call your last employer and find out you were fired for "attendance" (regardless if you explain why first) it never looks good.

We've tossed around the idea of Him quitting, and us figuring it out from there. But we're also hesitant to do that because we don't want to end up behind on bills again.

I told Master I could find a part time job for the evenings, that wouldn't interfer with my full time job, but He doesn't want me working myself to death either. Ya see, I love my full time job. Sometimes I don't wanna go in.. because I want to stay home and be lazy. But I really do enjoy my job. It is damn near stress free and the work is something I'm good at. So if I did take on a 2nd job, even at part time, I would never allow it to interfere with my current full time job. I can't risk losing it. So whatever 2nd job I did find would have to understand that. And I would only work the 2nd job until Master found something.

But in this economy there is really no telling how long that would take.

So needless to say we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Keep His current, shitty job, and have to turn down interviews because He can't get out of work.... or quit His current shitty job and take our chances financially.

I know my paychecks will cover rent and bills... but it's the day to day shit we'd be scrimping by on. Neither of us really want to go back to that.

*sigh*

Also His current job doesn't have very good stability. There is this feeling He is getting that is very similar to what I was getting at my last job.... rats leaving a sinking ship. Yeah. That feeling. That is one of the worst feelings in the world when it's you and your job. You don't know what to do.

When I got that feeling at my last job Master pushed me to find another one. Thankfully, I had a set schedule so scheduling interviews was a bit easier. Plus I had personal time to use. See Master doesn't have a set schedule or any personal/vacation time. So it's basically impossible to tell a prospective employer when He'd be able to make the interview. And corporations don't like to wait until the last minute. They normally figure, "Well if you can't tell us when, or come in when we want you to, you must not want this job that badly." Which is understandable business wise, but it sucks for us right now.

Bleh.

That's what Master and I have been going round and round on in conversation. Should He stay? Should He go? Basically we're chasing our tails and not knowing which direction is the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment