July 3, 2009

Reinventions

Master and I have been together for damn near 6 1/2 years. Over the years He has reinvented Himself (as far as His looks go) many times. He's had really long hair, short hair, had a clean shaven head... He's changed how He keeps His goatee, He's lost quite a bit of weight.. the list continues.

He smiled at me one day and said, "Hey at least I'm keeping you interested." He was joking around, and I know this.. but when I look back over the past 6 years I don't think I've "reinvented" myself more than say.. once. And that was when I cut my hair short. And He's not bored with me yet.

I sometimes get bored with my looks. I'll sometimes wish I could just go get my hair professionally done and keep up with it. But 1) I'm not allowed to dye my hair (which is what I would want to do) and 2) Besides knowing that I want to dye my hair.. I have no idea what the hell I would have done to it.

Oh, not to mention the fact we can't really afford it.

I also wish I could go drop a nice chunk of change on new clothes and heels. But again, I don't really care for clothes shopping and I get frustrated shoe shopping. Also, we don't have the money.

My hair is a nice shade of brown.. at least I think it is. I used to tell Master that I would love to dye my hair black and put nice deep red highlights in it. I think it would look so damn good. But now that I have the type of job that I do.. I know that wouldn't go over well. And yes, I have to keep that sort of thing in mind. Now, just adding some deep red highlights might not be to bad.. but like I said I'm not allowed to dye my hair.

Why you ask? Well at one point in time.. gods this must have been about a year and a half into our relationship.. I had bought a box of hair dye. It was supposed to be red. I dyed my hair, it looked great when it was done. But then I went to sleep. And when I woke up.. my hair was purple. Master hated it.

So I paid to have my hair dyed back to brown. And of course first they had to make me blonde so the brown would actually show up. And eventually the brown would leave my hair and I would be stuck with all this blonde in it, until finally my hair grew long enough that I could hack off all of the previously dyed hair. He has never let me live that down. If I bring up dying my hair He usually says one word and one word only. "Purple."

And then I shut up about it.

So yeah. He keeps changing as the years go by.. and I'm sure He'll change more. Me? I seem to be stuck where I am because I can never decide what'll look good. He's more of a risk taker when it comes to such things. Me? If it ends up making me less attractive to Him, I'd probably break down and bawl my eyes out. I'd be thinking to myself, "Had to go and do it didn't you... just couldn't stay where you were, with what you knew worked."

No comments:

Post a Comment