January 31, 2013

Adding Some Flair

I hate it when I can't get a perfectly good piece of code to fucking work! *screams*

Okay, so I'm not actually upset enough to scream but it's still pretty damn frustrating.

Master is doing His own form of nerding tonight. He's been rocking out on some video games. It's all good. So I decided to do some nerding of my own. I found lots of cool little things I could do to keep my blog the same, but give it some added flair. I love flair. (No, not those stupid buttons from the movie Office Space. Although, that movie is funny as hell.)

So, I did some redecorating. *spreads arms wide to display the awesomeness that is my blog* Isn't it pretty?!

Let's see here... *speaking as if I'm giving you a room to room tour of my house*

I changed it so that rather than saying "older posts" and "newer posts" when you reach the bottom of a page, it shows you the title of the next or previous blog post. I think that's nifty.

Above where you leave your comment, instead of having plain old text there is now an image inviting you to leave your comment. Also pretty nifty.

The recent posts widget got an overhaul and now instead of just showing the title of the post, it shows that in addition to the little picture I used for the post as well as a short summary. I think that looks a lot cleaner even though there is more to it, if that makes any sense what so ever.

And the recent comments widget stopped working so I changed that too and now it shows the person's avatar (or lack there of) next to their comment. Sweet, right?

So, you may be asking yourself, "Kitten, what the hell else do you want to change?!"

I'll tell you, because I know you want to know very badly. I want it so that instead of a boring little link showing how many comments there are on a post (and therefore linking to the place where you can leave a comment) I want a comment bubble up by the post title. I found this link telling me how to do it but it's not working! All it is doing is putting a blank space in between the date and post title. It's not adding anything at all. I've searched on the web for other ways to do it and have tried them as well, but those are also not working.

This is when my bipolar kicks in and makes me slightly obsessed with figuring it out. I keep telling Master that I'm almost done and then 15 minutes later I'm still plugging away at it. Damn.

Watch, I'll actually get it to work and end up not liking it or something.

Okay, I have to give up... at least for now. If anyone has any tips/suggestions/pointers I'd really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment