January 8, 2013

Bells and Whistles

Well, I'm pretty much over that head cold. However, yesterday I ended up coming home two hours early because I was sick a few times the night before and during the work day. As a result I pretty much came home and lazed on the couch until I had to go to bed. Master made me go to bed on time, which is probably the smartest thing I could have done. I feel a lot better today. Master is pretty much over the head cold too. The only thing that is really hanging onto Him is the cough and the fact that His pretty much lost His voice. It's really odd having Master not being able to talk much above a whisper. He normally has a very deep voice so yeah, it's a little odd. Poor Master.

Since I left work two hours early yesterday I have to make sure I make those two hours up. I got a half hour in yesterday so I only need an hour and a half and I have three days to do that in so no problem there.

And this Saturday I am going to go get a new cell phone. My old one is a little over two years old, not that that's a big deal or anything. But it's started acting up for a couple of months now and it didn't help that this past Sunday I was driving down to my dad's and I had a styrofoam cup of coffee from the gas station. Well, while I'm driving down there some asshole decided to slam on the fucking brakes for no apparent reason while everyone is doing 60mph. I had to slam on my brakes as a result and apparently I squeezed the cup just enough for the lid to come off and send half the damn coffee right into my lap. As a result some of it got on my cell phone. Yeah. That did not help matters. It still works but when I'm talking it sounds like it's underwater.

Yes, a new cell phone is in order.

I already know which phones I'm going to choose between. I want to play with them a little first before I make my decision. Why do I have to wait until Saturday? Well, I'm on my mother's family plan and she's the main line so she has to be present for various reasons.

So first thing Saturday morning I'm driving down there and will come home with a brand new gadget!

Master is always yelling at me for not spending money on myself and I love my gadgets so I've decided I'm going to get a nicer phone this time. It's going to be my early birthday present to myself. After all I'll be 30 in less than two months and that's a milestone of sorts. Why not splurge?

He is making fun of me for wanting a gadget like phone. He thinks phones are only for talking. Not texting or surfing the internet or any of that jazz. Just a phone. No bells or whistles. So He picks on me about the fact that I like gadget phones with as many bells and whistles as possible!

It's my one and only splurge like thing I do for myself. I'm excited about it because I can come home and play around with it and all that stuff. It's so stupid that I get excited about a new cell phone but I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment