January 14, 2013

Pins and Needles

Today was utterly boring aside from one thing.

You know, the normal Monday bullshit and then I get a phone call from my mother around 3pm. It's about my grandfather. Immediately I get on edge. My grandpa's health is not that great and hasn't been for a very long time.

Well apparently he had surgery on his eye on Friday. He didn't bother telling anyone mind you. Just bam. Went in for eye surgery. And now he's on his third day of recovery and suddenly got upset and a little freaked out. He said he couldn't really see. He had only been able to call my mom because she had been the last number he dialed earlier in the day. Other wise he couldn't see the numbers on the phone.

He wanted someone to go out there. My mom has no car, so she called my brother. My brother called our uncle but he was at work. He called our dad but he had completely thrown out his back. So my brother went out there by himself. I wouldn't have been able to get down there in a decent enough amount of time.

So I was on pins and needles until my brother sent me a text telling me that Grandpa is okay. He just got a little freaked out. My brother had offered to take him to the hospital or the doctor's office but Grandpa of course refused and said he felt a little silly for getting upset like that. But I'd much rather him call about something he'll feel silly about later than to be his usual stubborn self and do something crazy like oh I don't know... driving himself to the hospital that is over a half hour away while having a heart attack... again.

I am more relaxed now that I know everything is okay. I'm glad my brother went out there. I guess he stayed for a few hours until Grandpa reassured him that he would be fine by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment