January 19, 2013

Down At Dad's

Today we went down to my father's to help with his eBay stuff. Normally it's just Master and I and we get it all knocked out and chill afterward.

This time however my uncle was already there. So we sat down and chilled for a while. Then Dad's next door neighbor stopped by for a bit. We're kinda sorta friends with him. Friend in the sense that we know him and talk shit when he comes over when we're at my dad's.

Anyway... as time went on Master and I started to wonder whether or not we were still going to be doing the pictures and all that for eBay. So when my dad asked us if we wanted to watch a movie I kinda fumbled and asked if we were still doing the pictures of his memorabilia. He acted as if he had honestly completely forgot about it.We all were having a good time so I think it just slipped his mind for a moment.

So we skipped the movie and almost immediately went and started. He keeps everything in one of the spare bedrooms. And since we were going down there my uncle and the neighbor came down there too. Everyone was talking and my dad was getting easily sidetracked with conversation because the neighbor or my uncle would ask him questions about certain items we were going to be putting up.

At one point basically Master was taking the pictures, I was writing down what the item was and what pictures to use while my dad talked. *laughs* After that my dad told me what he wanted me to start the auctions off at and gave me some pointers as to what to write down. He trusts me with my descriptions on the items though because it's something we bonded over and I actually bought him some of the things he's putting up. So I know quite a bit about the subject matter to begin with.

Eventually the neighbor headed back home so we went and sat in the living room and hung out with my dad and uncle for a while. We talked about Grandpa (their dad) and apparently his eyesight is worse than I thought.

My uncle is going out there about once a day to help him with things for a couple of hours. He made Grandpa promise that he wouldn't drive. My uncle has agreed to take him to all of his doctor appointments and to take him grocery shopping.

Grandpa's eye doctor is going to be calling him either Monday or Tuesday. I don't know what exactly the phone call is about but all I know is that I'm worried. I guess his eyesight is worse in certain light.

They were telling me some of the things he was trying to do while they were out there and they were so simple but he simply couldn't see. He actually held a phone in his hand and kept turning it over trying to figure out which side had the numbers on it. Earlier in the day he hadn't a problem with it but it was getting closer to dusk. All the lights in the house were on but he couldn't tell.

Grandpa's neighbors are keeping a close eye on him. They've lived next door to him since my dad and uncle were teenagers. They are good friends, so I'm thankful for that. And my dad and uncle are going to be calling him and going out there to check up on him and help him with things around the house.

When we left I told them to keep me updated.

We had a really good time and I'm glad they filled me in more on what had happened yesterday. Now I'll just keep my ears perked up and wait for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment