January 1, 2013

Hello 2013

Last night was rather uneventful. I was still feeling unwell and Master was beginning to feel worse. So we just kind of killed time by watching TV. I think I finally went to bed around 2:30am after rubbing vaporub on my neck so I could sleep. Master was coughing more and more as the night went on and so He stayed up as He knew He wouldn't be able to fall asleep. Apparently whatever I have, which I believe is a head cold, I managed to pass on to Master.

I feel bad about it. My immune system is pretty strong so thankfully I do not get sick frequently. When I do get sick I get knocked on my tail and end up crashing a lot to recover from it. Master has a blood disorder that weakens His immune system so I'm always worried about getting Him sick. This time I managed to do so.

I actually apologized to Him for it today and He said it was one of the draw backs of sleeping next to a loved one. *laughs* We'll both be keeping on eye on His health to make sure it doesn't mutate into anything more serious than a cold.

I had gotten up at 8am this morning when the dog woke me up to take him outside. I stayed up for about two hours before deciding to go back to bed. After all, I have the day off of work so I might as well rest up and try to get over this cold as quickly as possible. I was asleep for maybe an hour when Master went into a bad coughing fit and accidentally knocked into me. He apologized, got up to get something to drink and came back to bed.

We both always feel better when the other is sleeping next to us so we crashed pretty hard after that. We didn't wake up again until 1pm. At that point we finally got out of bed and I ran to get us some coffee.

We have watched TV literally all day. He relaxed in His recliner and I was sprawled out on the couch. We've been taking cold meds and ordered pizza to be delivered for dinner. It has strictly been a day of rest.

Tomorrow it's back to work with me. But I'll only have to work for two a half days before the weekend begins for me. We're supposed to go visit some family this weekend so hopefully we'll be a lot better by then. I feel better than I have the past few days. It's mostly coughing and just feeling run down now for me. Master is coughing a lot and is tired. Hopefully we'll both be able to get some sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment