February 1, 2013

Hosting

Today was the day that my dad drove up to visit us. It's probably been about two years since he came to our place for a visit rather than us going down there. (See, I told you no one ever visits us here... *laughs*)

So when he called us to tell us he was heading up I was a little more than a bit surprised when he said he remembered the way up here. He's only been here a handful of times and like I said the last one was about two years ago. But sure as shit he remembered.

The only problem is that right before my dad pulled up, Master came in from taking the dog out saying that one of our neighbor's needed a jump start. Shit. She doesn't speak a lot of English so it was hard to find out exactly what happened.

Well, while we were out there getting it set up for the jump I was nervous because I had told my father to call when he pulls up since our doorbell doesn't work. I was worried that he would call the house phone while we were outside.

It's bitterly fucking cold out by the way.

And sure as shit my dad called my cell phone about five minutes of us being out there. He said he had called the house phone first but when he didn't get a pick up he thought he'd try my cell. I rushed out front to tell him what was going on and to apologize. He said he understood and walked back there with me. He used to be a mechanic. He can't do it anymore because of his back but man you mention a car and he's all over it.

I had mentioned that I think the battery might be dead and that the jump wasn't going to help and once my dad got back there and here the "click-click* when the woman was trying to start her vehicle, he confirmed that a jump wasn't going to help one damn bit. Either the battery was completely dead and she needed a new one or her battery is frozen from just sitting there for over a week while this cold burst was going on. Either way a jump wasn't going to do shit.

So we unhooked the car and the three of us went inside after trying to explain it to the neighbor as best we could. She seemed to understand when we walked away and thanked us.

Dad was here for about three hours. We mainly just talked, watched some Netflix and joked around. I showed Dad some stuff on the computer and all that. He was kind enough to buy us dinner. We all wanted pizza from a particular place but they don't deliver so I ran out to get it. Dad was buying so I did the flying.

It was actually really nice having him up here. I will say that I still prefer going down there though. I'm not sure why. Probably because that's what I'm used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment