January 21, 2013

What Is This Sleep You Speak Of?

I haven't been sleeping well lately. What's weird is that it's only on the nights prior to work. Friday nights I sleep great! Saturday nights I sleep like the dead.

Sunday through Thursday on the other hand it's anyone's guess. Lately I've been waking up a good hour to a hour and a half before my alarm is supposed to go off. The dumb thing is I am not a morning person by and stretch of the imagination. When that happens I basically refuse to get out of bed. I end up rolling over, pulling the blanket damn near over my head and then trying to fall back asleep. I have no idea why it's happening. The dog isn't waking me up. Master isn't waking me up. There isn't a sudden noise or light. I just wake up for absolutely no reason. If I could figure out how to do something about it I would. But since there doesn't seem to be anything triggering it I have no idea how to go about finding a solution.

Today it happened again. On top of that last night I had a hard time even falling asleep.

Master had used me right before bed and normally that will knock me the hell out. Sex normally does one of two things. It either makes me fall asleep almost immediately with a smile on my face or it wires me the hell up and I feel like I've drank an entire pot of coffee.

Last night though it didn't have either of those effects on me. It wasn't that the sex was anything but great, which is what confuses me so damn much.

I was stuck in neutral. My brain wasn't wound up but it wasn't winding down either.

So I basically was there in bed trying to fall asleep. I didn't toss or turn. I had my head on the pillow, the blankets all tucked around me and my eyes closed. I just could not get myself to shut off. I need a light switch installed I think. So last night I think I got about four to five hours of sleep and it wasn't a straight set of sleep at that. It was broken at random points.

The most fucked up thing? I'm not tired. I was tired earlier in the day but I'm not now. I wish I could just make my body shut down by staying up as late as possible until my brain starts to shut itself down. Sometimes that's the only way I can reset my clock. But I have a bedtime and I highly doubt that Master would allow that when He knows I have to have the car on the interstate by 7am.

No comments:

Post a Comment