January 28, 2013

Permission Denied - *UPDATE*

Today several fellow bloggers and/or followers of my blog were kind enough to let me know that my blog posts were being lifted and posted here. It seems that my blog isn't alone in this. So, if you blog you may wish to check it out and see if the same is being done to your content. I have reported them as well as commented on one of the posts they lifted from me telling them to remove any and all blog posts of mine due to the fact that I never gave them permission to lift and post them on that blog, or any other blog.

Now, I know that not all of my blog posts are interesting. Sometimes I'm just doing a normal old blog post. Other times I'm doing Eden Fantasys posts and other times I'm doing sexy stuff about what Master and I have been up to.

Now, yes... this person is not technically claiming these posts as their own as there is a link stating where the original information came from. However, that doesn't mean that it is right. After all, I know I would feel bad about taking someone else's post and posting it on this blog, without permission, yet still linking back.

If you ask permission first that's one thing. Then you are giving me the chance to either grant you the permission to repost my words or I can decline politely.

Permission was not asked and therefore it was never granted.

We had a similar problem not that long ago regarding pictures. In fact, that's why you don't see pictures here anymore.

Someone started lifting the pictures of me that Master had taken and putting them on their blogs and/or feeds. Permission was never granted for that. It had happened more than once with different people lifting them and so eventually Master and I got tired of it and He instructed me to take the pictures down. They have never been posted on this blog again. It kind of sucks because I know that Master enjoyed having me post the pictures and I sometimes miss putting certain ones up as well. But here we are. It's better this way.

Just so there is no confusion in the future, if you ever see a blog post of mine on any other blog but this one, it was lifted. The only exception to this would be a previous blog that I moved from. However that would be clearly marked and would provide a link to the new blog URL.

The only other exception I can possibly think of is if, for some reason, a fellow blogger came to me and requested permission to repost something I wrote and I allowed it. However, I would post such here as well as request that the individual(s) that I allow to do so state in that post that they were given permission by me to create that post and include a link back to the home page of this blog.

There is a copyright at the bottom of this blog, as there is on almost every blog I've ever read. But in addition to that I've added another copyright on the sidebar.

By the way, anyone know how to protect a RSS feed so that there is a copyright at the end of each post that wouldn't show up on the posts as they are seen on the blog itself? I was looking into it but it seems all the plugins are for WordPress only.

*UPDATE* It looks like the author of the blog linked above has changed their blog to invited readers only. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up! I've found at least one of my posts on there already, and am in the process of reporting them/leaving a comment about taking my posts off their site...

    I hate that there are people like this, ruining everything for everyone. I had a similar problem with a Tumblr page a few months ago that was stealing my pics, and almost stopped posting pictures, myself...ugh...

    ~Bre

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! If no one had informed me I would have never known! Us bloggers have to stick together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried to go back and check today--and it's set to "invite only" now. I'm guessing our posts are probably still on there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ragh. I'm seeing a lot of friends' posts popping up on this person's blog. They've already been alerted and I'm in the process in seeing if anything got scraped from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Panda's Property: Yeah, I noticed that too! Good thing I reported them for copyright theft before that happened.

    @ Vanille: I really cannot stand people that do this.

    ReplyDelete