January 25, 2013

Birthday Present Shopping

The past couple of days I have felt worn down. Just kind of zombish. Yes, I know that's not a word but really that's the only thing I can think of to describe it. I'm not depressed, I'm not down or anything like that. I think it's because of the sudden weather changes this past couple of weeks. Just last week it was in the 40's and all this past week it's been below 0 with the windchill. Now we're on the rise again. And going in and out of the cold to a heated enviroment is not helping.

Hopefully it'll warm up a little and stay that way for a while. If that happens I'm pretty sure my energy levels will right themselves again.

Tonight after work I had to stop at the store and get Master's niece a birthday present. She is turning four and her birthday party is tomorrow.

Yes I know. Last minute shopper. But with how cold it's been we haven't really felt like going out unless we absolutely had to. Tonight it wasn't that bad out. It was in the low 20's.

All I knew for sure is that she is obsessed with Minnie Mouse. So I kind of made a gift bag. I got a nice gift bag to put everything in. What I ended up buying was three different Minnie Mouse coloring books, Minnie Mouse crayons, a Minnie Mouse figure, a Minnie Mouse puzzle and a Disney princess book. Almost everything is Minnie Mouse so I think she'll be happy. I tossed the Disney princess book in there because I thought she would like it. Plus, kids need books.

Master let me pretty much have free reign on the gift buying. He had no idea what to get a four year old girl. *laughs*

So tomorrow we are going to the birthday party and apparently afterward we are all going out to lunch. I'm sure it'll be a good time even though Master and I are not looking forward to getting up that early on a Saturday. But family is family and at least we'll get to sleep in on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment