January 26, 2013

Family Fun

Today Master and I got up rather early for us on a Saturday. Master pretty much just jumped in the shower and as soon as He was done we were out the door. We were only 10 minutes late and that was due to traffic.

The beginning of the party was at a kid's arcade. So it was busy. Master and His brother ended up challenging each other to a racing game, which was hilarious. It was a good time and the birthday girl loved all of her presents. In fact she started reading the book we got her as soon as she opened it. *laughs* It was cute.

We were there for about two hours. Then a smaller group of us, which wasn't actually small at all and it never is with that side of the family, went out to lunch.

We all sat around and talked, joked around, and ate. It's amazing to me how different it is when we see that side of His family now versus when we first starting talking to them again. Everyone is completely relaxed with one another and it feels more like when we go down to see my family. Everyone is chill. There is no real tension at all.

We were there for another two hours before we all headed out, hugged goodbye and got in our cars.

I have to say that His niece and nephew are great kids. I'm sure the one on the way will be as well. I can't say that I'm totally attached to them yet but I have a small spot for them. Especially the boy. He's an awesome little dude. I actually got a little cuddle from him today.

On the way home we talked about the visit and when we got home we talked about it a little more in depth. My father-in-law's current wife was there. She basically refuses to acknowledge we exist when we're around. Master and her got into it verbally a little about 20 years ago, before He stopped talking to that side of the family. And she has held that grudge for 20 fucking years. Everyone else in the family, the ones who have a right to hold a grudge, have wiped the slate clean and welcome Him with open arms. This bitch.. nope.

And Master's eldest sister commented on it today.

She said that she needs to knock her shit off and that He's family whether she likes it or not. And then she looked at me and said, "And it's really fucking rude that she doesn't even act like you exist because you didn't even know us back then!"

I wasn't sure how to respond so I said, "Well, 20 years ago I would have been 10 so yeah..." She laughed.

But aside from her acting like we're invisible everyone had a great time. We are becoming closer with His father's side of the family and I'm enjoying it. It's really nice to have a set of in-laws that genuinely like me and I like them and we can chill and relax. Master has that with both my mother and my dad, more so my dad though. I didn't have that until He started talking to His dad again. It's been about three or four years now but in the past year it's all definitely kicked up a notch.

They want us to be more a part of the family and we are more than happy to step up to that. Before we were still trying to test the waters and everyone was getting used to everyone else. Now? We're all chilled out and have a good time.

I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment