January 10, 2013

More of the Same

Master's voice is coming back slowly but surely. I woke up out of a dead sleep with a bad coughing attack. I have no idea what triggered it really. And it was at 3am of all times. Master was still awake and heard me coughing so He came into the bedroom and had me sit up and leaning forward a little bit while He gently rubbed my back. When the coughing started to slow down He got me a bottle of water. Finally I was able to stop coughing but I was still catching my breath. I took the bottle of water with me to bed and put it on the headboard. I had to grab it a few more times before I was finally able to sleep. About three hours later my alarm went off.

I don't know about you but when I wake up like that only a few hours before my alarm is about to go off I feel even more tired in the morning. So I was dragging tail as I got ready for work. But I still somehow managed to get to work a half hour early, which is a good thing. The only thing that sucks about having to make up the two hours I missed on Monday is the fact that I don't really have the work to warrant clocking in early. Regardless of that fact I still have to clock in early and try and busy myself somehow without being bored out of my mind.

Master helped distract me for a little while by messaging me back and forth. But once 3pm rolled around it was as if time had stopped.

Finally it was time to go home. It was actually raining. Raining. In January. And it's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow. Almost all the snow is gone off the ground already, much to the disappointment of our dog. He doesn't look like he'd even remotely enjoy the snow but he absolutely loves it. He'll run around and eat the snow and dig in it. I dare say winter is his favorite time of year. Crazy dog.

Now I just have to get through tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be quicker than today. Then on Saturday I have to get up almost at the same time as I get up during the normal work week so I can get down to the cell phone store by my mother's place. We want to be waiting outside the door when they open as it is bound to be busy on a Saturday. But I'll have a new gadget in my paws so I won't care that I had to get up so early. *laughs* Well, that and I know if I need to Master will allow me to take a nap later on in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment