January 24, 2013

Music Memorabilia

Ever since my dad started selling his memorabilia I've noticed that I've been wanting to listen to that band more. It's not really all that unusual I guess. It's a collection that my father and I bonded over. I helped him build his and he helped me build mine.

When I moved in with Master I didn't really have a place for all of it and I wasn't as much of a fanatic as I used to be either. But I didn't want to just get rid of it. My dad had a large collection and most of the stuff I had he didn't as it was newer stuff. He'd been collecting since 1974.

So I gave all of my stuff to him. Yes, some of that stuff has been sold and no I didn't ask for any of the money. The reason why is I had given it to him. *shrugs* I have no claim to any of the money anymore. It was given to him over seven years ago and it wasn't given to him under the condition that he never got rid of any of it.

To be perfectly honest I never thought I'd see the day he'd sell off his collection. There are some items that he is holding onto. Some of them because they are sentimental and others because he knows they won't bring in any money and he just likes them.

Right now I'm watching after a lot that I put up for him. So far so good.

The only down side to my wanting to listen to this music is because Master is not a fan of the band. In fact he finds them rather irritating. He likes a very few select songs and that's it. Where as I like almost all of their music. From the 70's to the early 2000's. They are still making music but to be perfectly honest I don't really care for their newest music. (My favorite era of theirs mainly being their crotch rock years.)

So to get around that I only listen to the music when I have my ear buds in. Like right now I'm listening to them on the computer, my ear buds in, while doing my post.

This way I get to hear the music and not annoy Master. It's not like he'd get mad at me or anything. I just think this is easier and makes more sense all the way around.

I'm not sure what the hell my dad is going to put up after this lot. Aside from posters and things of that nature his vintage stuff is pretty much gone. Well, the parts that he is willing to part with anyway. So it'll all be stuff from the late 80's to early 90's. Hopefully those will sell well.

I hope that one day my dad and I can to go another concert for this band. Just one more. Who knows, maybe Master will go just to hang with my dad and I. My dad has said that if we do ever get to go another concert he would like my Husband to go with us. Yes, he knows how Master feels about the band. He just likes my Hubby that much and wants to share that with Him. Dad would completely understand if Master declined though. He's cool like that.

But that's assuming that we have that chance. They are still touring but we don't know if they'll come around this way when we actually have the money, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment