February 1, 2011

Winter Weather

Until recently the winter here has been rather mild. Well, mild for here anyway. But today the snow started pouring down in the morning. It was to the point that my job actually closed 2 hours early to give everyone time to get home safely. However, by that point it had stopped snowing and the roads were pretty clear. But it's not today that everyone is worried about. It's tonight and tomorrow morning.

The driver of my carpool to and from work took of work, as did the other passenger in the car pool. That just leaves me. If I had the time to use I would have taken off work as well. But I am out of personal time and vacation time for about another month. In fact I went over my personal time due to that neck spasm I had last week. I made the time up and everything, but I hate going over and I don't want to go over further if I don't have to. I strive to do my best at my job and get good reviews and not have any black marks in my file.

So I sat down with my supervisor today and explained my situation. He said that while he would understand if I couldn't come in tomorrow, and it wouldn't necessarily look bad due to the weather, he would prefer for me to at least attempt to come in. Or, failing that, if it clears up during the day to come in the afternoon.

So I told him I would make the best informed decision I could. And he seemed satisfied by that.

So tonight when I got home from work I talked to Master about it. He says that when I get up I am to check the weather website, and then check traffic conditions and make the best decision I can based on that. If I feel I can handle it to go ahead and try but if it gets to be too much once I leave and I'm closer to home than I am to work, I am to turn around and come back home. He worries a lot about me. Not because of my driving skills but because you can't always control the vehicle in bad weather and you can't control how other people are driving. So yeah, He worries.

So tomorrow should be interesting. I'm hoping to call the weather hot line that my job has and for it to say that the office is closed. Then I get to stay home and don't have to worry about looking bad at my job. That would make my life a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment