February 2, 2011

Snow Day

I got up this morning when my alarm went off. After I was awake enough to remember how to use a phone I called the weather hot line my job has. It said that the office was open. I was honestly shocked. So I took the dog out and realized I couldn't get past the front door without ending up in a snow drift that was up to my hips. Now granted I'm short, but still. Damn!

I went back inside and checked the weather website. It said that there they were telling everyone to stay home because there were numerous reports of people attempting to commute to work who were getting stuck and they didn't know how long it would take the emergency vehicles to reach anyone. Also the interstate was closed. And so I sat there thinking to myself, "Why the fuck is my job still open?! This is insane!"

I knew I wasn't even going to attempt to go to work right then, so I called my supervisor's number and left him a voice mail stating that if it got better as the day went on I would attempt to come to work. I continued to call my work's weather hot line just in case and finally at about 9:30am it said the office was closed. So at least I didn't have to worry about it anymore.

In the late afternoon, once the snow stopped and the wind wasn't too bad, Master and I went outside and took pictures of our dog playing in the snow. The pup had a blast!

Around 4pm the contractors our landlord hired to handle the parking lot and driveway came back and plowed. But they plowed all the cars in, ya know cause that's easier than pushing all the snow back by the grass. So Master had to dig out the car.

We've spent most of the day just staying inside and staying warm. I took a nap, and that's been about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment