January 24, 2011

Update

Forgive me if this post is kind of short.

This is an update regarding the post I did yesterday. As the night went on my neck just got worse. There was even a point where I was doing nothing but laying down on the couch and I cried from the pain. That's when Master said that we might need to go to the emergency room. He knows I have a high pain tolerance, so when something like that (meaning pain He isn't causing directly.. lol) makes me cry He knows it's really bad.

I told Him I wanted to try to wait it out. I didn't have enough to pay the copay for an emergency room visit. My other copays for like an office visit or medication are extremely affordable. But for an emergency room visit it's $100.00 and we didn't have that right now.

But eventually I broke down and called the hospital. I explained the situation and they said that I have the option to pay it up front, otherwise they will just bill it to me. So I looked at Master, told Him this, and said that I think we should go in.

We left around 10pm and getting checked in didn't take long. They took my blood pressure and my temp like they always do. Then they asked for my medication allergies and what medications I'm on. Then, as always, they asked me if I feel threatened by anyone in my home or if I'm being abused in any way. I of course said no. But I find it irritating that I even get asked that question. I realize that these days they always ask that question when a female gets checked in. At least around here, but I figure if that's happening hopefully the woman in question would tell a doctor and/or nurse about that. But I know a lot of woman can't or won't.

So then I wait for a room. About 10 minutes later I get put in a room and lay down on the hospital bed. That's when the actual waiting started. About 15 minutes after that a nurse came in and made sure my information was up to date and get my insurance information. After that it felt like forever. My neck was throbbing and when I'm pain like that my eyes get extremely light sensitive. And it's bright in hospitals. So I laid there with my eyes closed until the doctor came in. She was really nice, and very attentive. I wish I could have her as a primary care physician. That's how much I liked her. Master was even pleased with how she handled me. And He is very protective of me normally, multiply that times 10 when I'm sick or in a lot of pain. It was the first time that when it came time to tell the doctor what medical conditions I have that I had to say I'm bi-polar. But she didn't even blink. She just wrote it down and smiled at me.

After she was done with her examination she decided not to give me a shot like most doctors used to give me. Nope. She gave me three pills and three prescriptions for the next week. She also wrote me a note to take to work asking them to excuse me from work today (Monday). She told me that I needed to at least give my neck one more day to try and mend itself a bit rather than just masking it with medication, and that sitting at a computer for 8+ hours in a day was not going to help.

We got home around 1am and the medication had me really loopy. So Master had me go to bed.

This morning I got up when the alarm went off. I called my supervisor at work and explained that I had to go to the emergency room last night and that the doctor had given me a note for work and that I could explain it a lot better to him in person tomorrow. He said it was okay and to try to feel better. He's a great supervisor.

I know I'll probably have to make up the hours at work though. So I have a feeling I'm going to be working on Saturday, but there wasn't much to be done about it. After that I went to Walgreens and filled my prescriptions. One was for pain, the other for a muscle relaxer, and the last one for nausea since the pain makes me nauseous and the pills can as well.

But I just want to end this post saying how great my Husband is. He absolutely hates hospitals. He loathes them so much that He gets tense just being in one. But He came with me to make sure I was properly taken care of and because He was worried about me. He loves me a lot. I am grateful for how supportive He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment