January 14, 2011

Longing

I had e-mailed the tattoo artist I talked to the tattoo "flash" that I wanted a couple of days ago. But I hadn't received a reply yet. I know that I'm not the center of the universe, but I was anxious. So today I called the tattoo artist again. I explained who I was and asked if he had received my e-mail or not. He said that he had, and apologized for not getting back to me sooner. He then pulled up the e-mail I had sent him and took a look at the image. He asked me again about where I wanted it placed. I also mentioned that my forearm is rather slender.

So he looked it over a minute and then said that the ballpark price is $100 to $150 dollars depending on how large it turns out to be when we actually put it on my forearm. I thanked him and told him I'd be in touch. I was honestly expecting it to be more expensive. Not because it's intricate, because it's not, but because of the placement and the very fact that it's a wrap. Any kind of wrap tattoo seems to be more expensive, no matter the placement.

So when I heard the ball park price I got very excited. That's more affordable than I thought. Master and I are getting our finances on track. His freelance job helps a lot.

So I told Master about it and He said that was a good price, etc. And of course, because I'm an ink addict, I couldn't stop talking about it or thinking about it. Still can't, obviously, since I'm doing a blog post about it.

Hell when I got home from work Master and I talked about which part of my forearm it should be placed. I think it'll look best at the thickest part of my forearm which is right below my elbow. Master had thought I would get it more in the middle, but agreed that it would look nice where I had pointed. But He did say that ultimately the final positioning of the tattoo would be discussed with the tattoo artist when we see how it would look.

Oh how I wish I didn't have to set away half of my next paycheck for rent. I would get that tattoo done tomorrow if I had the money. I am so excited about this, not only because it's new ink, but because of what it is, and what it represents to both Master and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment