January 4, 2011

Topics of Conversation

Or at least of blog posts.

For a while there I was slipping back into my old thing of posting more about the day to day shit, or about work, than I was about the other, more important, things in my life. Such as passions of mine, my marriage, and my submission.

It's like the top of my blog says: "Kitten's journey through life, love, submission, and pain." Now granted work and the day to day stuff is part of life. But still, it's a more dull side of life. The kind of stuff I'd rather not dwell on all the damn time. And I mean yes, I've done some posts about me being bi-polar and only recently finding out about it. But that makes sense to me. It's new, I'm still trying to get use to the fact that this is something I have and need medication for. So yeah, I'm going to blog about it. Plus it also helps Master so He can see where I am about it all and keep up on it all when I don't think to verbalize it. So that's a bonus.

But I'm trying to stay away from the day to day/work stuff. And I'm starting today. Now, I could have started this post about how shitty my day was, and the stresses that were involved. (And it really was a shitty day.. believe me.) But I'm not going into the details. I will stop at stating that I had a shitty day, and I will move right along.

Last night is the best Monday night I can remember in a while. Master allowed me to stay up a little late just because we were having such a good evening. And we weren't really doing anything special. It was just one of those nights where we were joking around, having a great time and smiling at each other a lot. It was wonderful.

As I said we were joking around a lot and that's when Master finally learned that I can speak in the language of "Dude". Now hopefully you are not staring at your monitor blankly asking yourself "What does speaking in 'Dude' mean?!"

Cause man, if you don't know.. you are so missing out.

Okay so speaking in "Dude" is very simple, but not everyone can do it properly. Speaking in "Dude" is just where you and whoever you are talking to only says the word "Dude" and yet you are having a complete conversation that both of you understand perfectly. It's hilarious and fun at the same time.

Master and I started talking like that last night because I had asked Him a question and He answered by saying "Dude," in such a way that He very clearly meant the word "yes". And so I said "Dude" back in a way that stated I understood.

Hopefully I haven't lost anyone here, and have explained it well enough. Although I doubt it.

When Master realized I knew how to do that He started cracking up. Apparently I'm the only chick He's ever met that can speak "Dude". Normally yes, only two guy friends can speak in "Dude". But I was a tom boy, my father is odd, and I had a lot of guy friends when I was younger since I was a tom boy. So I mastered that art rather young. He for some reason takes great pleasure in knowing that I can speak "Dude".

And that started off into this whole conversation about how a lot of couples aren't best friends. I mean they love each other (hopefully) and they care about each other.. and they may even be friends. But they aren't best friends. Master is my best friend, and I am His. We can joke around in a way that only best friends can.

One couple we know, BC and HG, have not even been together that long. I think it's been a little over a year now. And they do not even act like friends. It's kind of weird to witness, lemme tell you.

But one day we were at their place for dinner and Master and BC went outside and HG and I stayed in the apartment. This was just after Master and I had a quick joke session filled with inside jokes that only the two of us know the meaning of, and were both laughing quite a bit.

So there is the background to this story. So HG is cleaning up a bit in the kitchen and I'm standing there talking to her. There is a break in the polite conversation and she turns, looks at me, and says, "So.. why do you guys act like that?"

This kind of took me off guard. I was thinking she was referring to our lifestyle, which she does not know about. I was trying to think back of anything we said or did that could lead to that conclusion and nothing popped up. So I cautiously asked what she meant. Her reply was, "Well why do you guys joke around and have inside jokes and all that?"

Again, I had this blank look on my face. Now granted I have never experienced anything such as being best friends with your significant other, but now that Master and I have been together so long and that has stayed in tact it just seems natural to me. So I said, "Well, we're happy, in love, and we're best friends. I really don't know how else to explain it."

So she said, "Well I love BC too, and we are happy.. but I wouldn't say we're best friends. I have a best friend."

She kind of acted like I was crazy for thinking my Husband is my best friend. And I just kind of felt bad for her. I mean like I said, before Master I've never considered my significant other to be my best friend. But now that I can say that I honestly feel that way, I couldn't imagine not being my Husband's best friend. It would feel so weird to me.

So I was telling Master all about this particular conversation last night and He said that He agreed, that it would be weird to go back to having only a best friend outside of the relationship. BC was Master's best friend. And I think that's one reason why BC gets slightly territorial regarding "his place" when we are all out together. It's like he thinks I've replaced him. I have and I haven't. He no longer is who Master considers His best friend, that is true. But I have not purposefully tried to ruin their friendship or anything. It's just where I naturally landed in Master's hierarchy. And I am glad that I did.

I know I've said this in past posts, but Master and I have a lot of "titles" for one another. Master/slave. Husband/wife. Teacher/student. Best friends. Mates. The list continues. Some people may think it's unhealthy to be so completely involved with another person, but I find it to be very healthy and one of the only reasons I'm still sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment