January 23, 2011

My Neck Hates Me

Seriously it does. The pain started yesterday. I have no idea why it happened, but the pain ran along my shoulder blade up into my neck. I couldn't turn my head all the way to the left without a jolt of pain shooting through me. Master worked on my shoulders and neck and had me rest most of the day.

Today I woke up and it felt a bit better. That is until I went out to run errands. Since my neck was feeling better I didn't see it as a big deal. Plus all of the errands were close to home. I had to go to the gas station, stop off at the grocery store, and drop of my prescription. That's it. None of these things took very long at all. And yet when I got home both sides of my neck were throbbing and the pain was shooting into the back of my head.

I have apparently done something to injure my neck. Master thinks I just slept while having my head/neck at an awkward angle and had it that way too long. Honestly that's the only thing that makes sense.

So Master has been having me take it easy all day. He worked on my neck for me, told me to take a long hot bath, and just try and relax as much as possible. He even put on that pain relieving topical cream that heats up after you put it on. And He hates that stuff. Not because it helps me (duh) but because it has a strong peppermint smell to it. But He thought it would help, and so He didn't even complain about the smell. Not once.

He's been asking me if I'm okay through out the day. Honestly at one point I was seriously considering going to the emergency room (cause of course I thought of this after the walk-ins were closed and I don't have a primary doctor) to get a muscle relaxer shot. I've had those in the past and they suck. Depending on the doctor I get they either give me the shot in the hip or directly into the neck. Yeah. Not pleasant.

But I didn't want to go because it's a $100 copay that we can't really afford right now. And I'm honestly not sure if they take the copay up front or if they bill it to you later. As I've said before this is the first time in my adult life that I've had health insurance.

It still hurts. It's not a "For the love of all that's kinky just knock me out so I don't feel this anymore!" type of pain. But it's really noticeable.

I'm worried about tomorrow. I have to go to work tomorrow and sit at a computer for 8+ hours. That's not going to help my neck at all. I would call in but my vacation/personal time doesn't renew until March. I only have about 20 minutes of personal time left. Now where as I could still call in, I'd then have to make the hours up at some point this week.

Master said maybe I should just do that anyway, and at least give my neck one more day to mend itself. But I want to at least try to go to work. That way I can say that I tried, and if I have to leave early to go to a doctor I can ask Master to come pick me up and will be able to explain it to my supervisor a bit better rather than him thinking I called in on a Monday cause I was hungover or something and just made up some kind of story.

Yes, I worry a lot about my job. I need my job, and it's the best one I've ever had. So I worry.

I told Master of this plan and He said that was fine as long as I didn't push myself too far. And He gave me one of those looks of, "And I mean it. No fucking around."

So I will go to work tomorrow and then if I have to leave I will call Master and talk to my supervisor and find a walk-in clinic to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment