October 1, 2010

Well.. That's Just How We Are

Master had His interview at midnight last night. The job itself would be 3rd shift and so they were holding the interview during 3rd shift hours. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to sleep while He was at His interview. I was both excited, and nervous for Him. For us.

He knew I wasn't going to sleep either, so He asked me if I wanted to go with. Whenever He has a job interview on a day/during hours that I'm not at work, He likes me to go with. I play navigator and I also help keep Him distracted so He doesn't get all wound up or extremely nervous.

So I said sure. I probably would have just paced the apartment and driven myself nuts anyway. So we padded for time, like we always do, and headed out.

He went in for His interview and I sat in the car and tried to read a book I had brought with me. But I couldn't concentrate and so eventually I gave up on reading the book.

His interview took about an hour, and when He came out He told me all about it. It sounded like it went really well. They had given Him a drug test form and told Him to take one tomorrow (meaning today) and then bring back a copy of the test to them at 10pm tonight.

Once we got home I pretty much went to bed almost immediately. It was 1:30am and I had to get up at 6:10am.

We are taking it as a good sign that He had to take a drug test. Usually companies won't spend the money unless they are interested.

My alarm went off this morning and I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be. The driver of the carpool I'm in had the day off work, so I took our car and had to pick up AM, the other passenger in the carpool.

He asked how the interview went for my Husband, and I told him. I also mentioned that I had gone with Him, and sat in the car. He asked me why.

I didn't really have an answer. It's just how we've always done it. If I'm not at work, and not sick, I go with to His job interviews and sit in the car and wait.

So I simply said, "That's just how we are... we like to do pretty much everything together if at all possible."

AM didn't really say anything after that. But it made me feel like maybe that's not the norm? I mean.. Master has gone with me to some of my job interviews in the past as well if He didn't have to work at the time.

It was just the "Why?" that made me think that maybe it's not normal to bring your spouse/significant other and have them wait in the car while you go in for a job interview.

But we've always done it, since I moved in with Him. And I like that about us, honestly. When neither of us are working on any particular day we hardly ever spend time apart. If He goes, I go. If I go, He goes.

The only exceptions have been a few times when I've gone down to see my mother, but that's mainly when He's been sick, or when one of us is just running a quick errand. Other than that, we're pretty much inseperatable.

I don't have nights out with friends without Him, and He doesn't have nights out with friends without me. We're kind of like a package deal that way. You want to hang out with one of us, you automatically assume the other is going to be there.

And I think it's great. I don't really like having "me time". I don't really know what to do with myself for more than a few hours. And I have no desire to just go out with a friend and leave Him at home. I would just sit there, wishing He was there and wondering why the hell I went out without Him.

Some people may think this isn't healthy. But to me, it's perfectly normal. I was never this way in past relationships. Just with Him. And I know the same holds true for Him. In past relationships we would look for excuses to get away from our then significant others.

But with one another, we don't have that urge at all. And I think it's wonderful.

So anywho, today after I got home from work we left the apartment pretty much right after I walked in the door, and ran a few errands, and then took Him to the drug testing place. He pissed in a cup, and they told Him that the company would have the results on Monday. And right around 10pm tonight we headed out, dropped off the paper work to show that He had completed the drug test, and they said they would be in touch.

So here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment