October 17, 2010

Just Say It Already

Our friend BC has been with his current girlfriend for almost a year and a half now. He plans on purposing on their 2 year anniversary. He has already purchased the ring.

The problem is that he still hasn't told her that he loves her. So yeah, popping the question may seem a little awkward.

So he came over to our place tonight. Master is like... his mentor in a way.

They have been best friends for 20+ years. I have known BC almost as long as I have known Master, give or take a few months.

So he came over to talk about this mental block he has regarding telling her that he loves her. He feels it. She knows he feels it, just because of his actions. But he just hasn't been able to bring himself to say it to her.

While he was here he admitted that his mental block is because of past experience. He doesn't have a great track record with relationships. In fact, he is 34 years old and this is the longest relationship he's ever had.

His past experience, in his mind, is that as soon as he said those three words "I love you" the relationship went to shit. And he's scared that's going to happen now. My whole point was that she has already said it to him, constantly, and eventually if he doesn't start saying it back she is going to grow frustrated, think the relationship isn't going anywhere and leave him. Which I'm pretty sure would kill him inside.

So there was a lot of talk, mainly between BC and Master. I was trying to stay out of that side of things as much as possible and waited to speak until later when the mood was a bit lighter.

But it sounds like he's finally going to go ahead and say it to his girlfriend. Which is wonderful. And I honestly think it'll help his relationship with her in ways he hasn't even thought of yet.

So best of luck to him.

He stayed afterward, we had dinner, and we joked around. He stayed until about 9pm and headed home.

It's now a little past 10pm and I am not the least bit tired. I'm hoping that I get tired before 2am because I have to work tomorrow and as long as I'm in bed by that time I'll get four hours of sleep.

It's so hard resetting your internal clock each week. But I enjoy staying up late on the weekends and don't see myself giving that up anytime soon.

Other than that there isn't a lot on my mind. I seem to have writer's block at the moment. Tomorrow, if I'm not overly busy at work, I'll hopefully think of a topic to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment