October 6, 2010

By Any Other Name

Master and I have a lot of names for each other, outside of the names we were born with and the usual hun, babe, sweetie.

In fact, we hardly ever use our actual names when we talk to one another. To other people? Well, yeah obviously. But to each other, not really.. no.

But we have so many other things we call one another.

Most of them though, double as "titles" of a sort.

Master, Teacher, Husband - in Master's case.

Slave, Wife, Student - in mine.

The Teacher and Student thing is nothing kinky by the way. It has to do with our spiritual beliefs.

But no matter what we call one another, it's all the same thing.

That clicked in my head for whatever reason.

I've seen people in this particular lifestyle, struggle with whether it's time to put on the Master vs Husband/Boyfriend hat, or the slave vs wife/girlfriend hat.

I've struggled with that myself, and I know Master has as well.

But today something clicked inside that crazy thing I call a brain today, and I realized.. it's all the same, it's just a different name. Well, depending on how you look at it anyway.

I, personally, have decided to look at it this way..

As both my Husband, and my Master, I look to Him for the same things in both roles.. guidance, love, attention, affection, a strong hand, protection, leadership, companionship, etc.

As both His wife and His slave, He looks to me for the same things in both roles.. love, affection, submission, obedience,  companionship, etc.

It's all the same. If you take it to the bare bones of it, I look for all those things in Him as both my Husband and as my Master, just as He looks for all those qualities in me as His wife and as His slave.

Now a lot of people may think, "Well that's the traditional Christian way of marriage..." and where as that may be true, neither of us are Christian. But to me that's how a marriage makes sense. The man leads, the woman follows.

I just do not see women as Dominant. Sorry ladies. I just... don't. Aggressive sexually maybe, and sure they can be bad asses... but Dominant? No. I think that's one reason why even though I'm bisexual I have never wanted to really date a woman, at least not seriously.

Anyway, as it now makes perfect sense to me.. I am hoping it'll be easier for me to see both the wife and the slave roles as one, so I can stop confusing myself.

In a totally unrelated topic, you may have noticed that I have added a picture to the header of my blog. I love it. I've also changed it to my background on Twitter, and on Gravatar as well. It's just one of those pictures that I look at and feel an instant connection with, as odd as that may seem.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment