October 25, 2010

Priorities

It seems that I am one of those people that tries to put everything else in a higher priority position than myself. I believe this is one of the things that attracted me to the M/s lifestyle, that and kinky sex. Not to mention structure.

I already did it naturally, nine times out of ten, so why not make a lifestyle choice out of it?

My list of priorities are as follows:

  1. Master's health

  2. Master's needs

  3. Master's wants

  4. My health

  5. My needs

  6. My wants


(Author note: Master is currently telling me He does not agree with the order in which I have put these.) And He should stop reading over my shoulder when I'm in the middle of writing a post. *laughs*

As the "author note" that Master had me write is saying.. I know this priority list is screwy. I know that my health should rank equal with His. And I am working on changing that. Hence why I am trying to take better care of myself, it's just that even with health insurance co-pays and deductibles are a bitch sometimes.

And it drives Him batty when He asks me if I want something, and I say no. Or He points out something He knows I'll like and ask me if I want it and at first I get that glint in my eye like, "Yes! I totally do!" but then my mouth opens and I say, "No thanks babe." Why? Cause I know we could use that money to get something He wants, or get something we could both use.

I put His needs and wants first. Then I put the needs of the household second. Then I put my needs and wants third, as far as material things go.

I'm slowly trying to change that. But I do have to admit I would be more excited about getting something for us/the apartment than I would be getting something strictly for me. That's just how I am.

For instance I'm already waiting for His mother to start asking us what we want for the holidays. And if she asks I already know I'm going to ask for a nice cookware set, rather than for something I want just for me. Going for practical stuff lately seems to be more my tastes rather than just stuff for me.

Weird isn't it? But I've read about other slaves/subs thinking and/or feeling this way as well. So I know I'm not alone on this one.

About the only thing that overrides this thought process is body modification. If I have the choice of either getting something for the apartment that can wait... or getting myself a new tattoo or new body jewelry, guess what wins. Hell yes, the tattoo or body jewelry! Addictions and all that, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment