October 18, 2010

Patience

People who know me probably don't think I have a lot of patience. Hell, people who don't really know me probably don't think I have a lot of patience.

But I think I do. Maybe not an endless supply of it. But I think I have the ability to be a very patient person. Sometimes the patience wears thin and I explode or say fuck it. But I think that's anyone.. not just me.

You have to have patience in your job, normally. I have to have a lot of patience in my job. I can't just scream at the client to pull their head out of their asses. That would be bad.

I think working in the customer service jobs I've had has helped me build that necessary level of patience. I do not miss customer service. But sometimes, client services is worse.

Anyway.

Patience is needed in a lot of areas in life, generally speaking. You should be patient with your family, with your significant other, etc.

I know that Master has quite a bit of patience with me, as I do with Him. If we didn't we wouldn't have gotten this far.

And normally I have no problem having patient with my loved ones.

It's strangers I have a problem having patience with. I am a lot more likely to go off on someone I don't know than someone I do know. I think part of the reason why is because I don't have to deal with that person later. So it doesn't matter how I react. I'm not saying that I go off on every little thing, because I don't. But if I'm getting extremely shitty customer service... yeah. They are going to hear it. If someone is being a jack ass to me, they'll hear it.

But it amazes me, honestly, how much patience one person can have. Master can be one of the most patient people in the history of patient people... when He wants to be. And sometimes I wonder how He can stand it.

But I'm sure He wonders the same thing about me, because He and I can be patient about things that will drive the other right up a damn wall.

And the flip side of that coin is that something will send me right over the edge and He'll wonder why... and the same goes in reverse.

I just find such things interesting.

I think Master's obsession with understanding how the mind works is rubbing off on me a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment