January 25, 2010

Uncomfortable

On Saturday night when my brother was here, we were all sitting around (Master, myself, Bro, and SS) and Bro suddenly said something along the lines of "I know things about my sister that no one else does."

I honestly don't remember exactly what he said, or how we got onto this particular subject. But anyway, Master kind of challenged Bro about it. So my brother started off with stories from when him and I were kids and Master already knew most of those.

And Master knew the next one as well..

Bro brought up the guy I lost my virginity to. And I sat there and let him talk about it.

Now where as you know (normally) that there are people that your spouse has had others before you, most people (Master and I included) don't like to hear about it.

Master was uncomfortable, but didn't say anything. And I didn't stop my brother from talking about it.

Master found it disrespectful. And I completely understand where He is coming from on that one. I mean I get uncomfortable just hearing stories about His exes.

We are highly territorial of one another. And it seems that those feelings reach into the past, before we knew one another. Then again I have to remind myself sometimes that there was a time before Master.

I don't think about my past if I can help it. Growing up memories, like with my family members? Sure. But relationship wise? No. I do my best to ban such thoughts from my mind. And thankfully it works, that is until someone else brings it up.

I think that may be part of the reason why I don't have any of my old friends still around. They remind me of things that I don't want to remember, think about, or talk about.

I greatly enjoy talking about our relationship's past, meaning Master's and mine. But beyond that? I don't want to think about it. Thankfully it is a bit easier for me since I have been with Master since I was 20. I'm almost 27 now, and the rest of my life will involve Him, since He is my Husband and my mate.

I should have told Bro to stop talking about it. It was disrespectful for us to talk about it in front of my Husband. And it made me uncomfortable to talk about it, end of story.

For not ending the conversation, I apologize to my Husband.

I know it would upset me deeply to hear such things. In fact sometimes when His friends talk about His exes, I feel sick to my stomach.

I wasn't thinking when I didn't cut Bro off.

It's just been so long that I've been in that sort of situation, due to not having many of those people around anymore, that I was in a bit of shock when it was first brought up.

Master, You are the only one who matters. You are my true mate and love. If a conversation ever starts to touch on such subject matter again, I will cut it off so that it does not go any father than the first few words out of said person's mouth. I know that You do that for me, as well as for Yourself, when Your friends do it. I will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment