January 24, 2010

I'd Like To Retract My Previous Statement

Okay I didn't post last night because not only did my brother come over yesterday, and spend the night.. our friend SS also came over.

Yesterday I picked up my brother (who will from now on be referred to as Bro) and we came up to our apartment. Master and him played Magic The Gathering for a while. We relaxed and what not and finally I got sick of waiting for SS to call. So I called her, and woke her up from a nap.

I asked her if she still wanted to get together for dinner and she said yes. So we made plans for 5:45pm to meet up at the restaurant. So Master, Bro, and I all just kind of sat around and talked. I tried not to push him to talk about his relationship with his girlfriend. I think I did rather well. It was that whole big sister instinct kicking in and wanting to go into protect mode, and then the friend side of it going, "Nah he'll talk in his own time" fighting against one another. The friend part won, thankfully.

So finally dinner time comes around. Master and I sat on one side and Bro and SS sat on the other. SS had an immediate attitude. I don't know why. I honestly think it is because she is used to just having Master and I around when we hang out and suddenly she wasn't the center of attention. I think that kind of pissed her off. Oh fucking well.

We got done eating and then sat there trying to figure out what we wanted to do. SS wanted to go to a movie, but really I didn't want to go to the theater with her. If it had just been Master and Bro, sure. But not with SS as well.

Then SS said she wanted to drink. Well Bro doesn't drink (he's old enough to, he just can't because of the medication he's on). I'm not a big drinker. I'll have maybe one or two. Master is about the same as me. SS on the other hand can drink like a fish.

So someone suggested maybe we should just hit a store and pick up what we want and go back to the apartment instead. It's cheaper, you don't have to deal with drunk people, and you don't have to tip anyone. So that's what we decided to do.

Master got a six pack of Black Jack Cola (which is basically Jack Daniels with coke already mixed in). I got a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade, and SS got a six pack of some kind of beer.

We went back to our apartment and hung out. We watched a movie and spent the rest of the time talking. I only had one of my drinks. Master had two of His. And SS had four of hers. I think she only stopped because she realized everyone else had stopped drinking long before she did.

SS was actually starting to piss me off last night. She was cutting people off when they were talking, which is a major pet peeve of mine. She also stayed later than I thought she would. At one point her daughter called and asked her to come home. She started getting ready to leave and then stayed for another hour. About 15 minutes before she left, I stood up and then Master stood up. Kind of like, "Come on now, let's get going here." So she stood up and gave us hugs goodbye before talking for another 10 minutes. *sigh* Finally she was out the door.

Bro, Master, and myself all sat around and talked more until about 2am. Bro opened up and Master and I basically told him no matter what happens, don't let her walk all over you.

We then went to bed and I made sure that I was up at 10am. That way we could all have McDonald's breakfast! Yummy. Shortly after we were done eating, I took Bro back down to our mom's house, since that is where he is staying for now. He said he had a great time and can't wait to do it again soon. Hopefully next time Master's Xbox 360 will be back in working order. We are still waiting on the shipping label to be sent to us so we can ship it off to be repaired.

When I got back home Master and I played Magic for a little while.

Then my mom called. Apparently, some light was shed on the situation going on with my father. My mother's sister's husband (my aunt's husband basically) called my dad last night and they talked for over two hours. They used to be best friends back in high school and I'm sure for my dad it was great to unload everything that is going on.

Okay, so, according to what my father told him this is what is actually going on.

DW found someone else and has been dating said guy for 5 months. About a month and a half ago she told my dad this, and they have since broken up. Dad then found someone else, and has been seeing her for a while. (It seems he got over DW very quickly.) And this chick isn't my age, or even close to it. In fact she is two years older than my father. So she's 50. I guess when he told my brother all this he said younger, meaning that this woman is younger than DW (who is 60).

He hasn't said anything to me or told Bro all the details because he doesn't want to make us think he's a bad person for getting over a 10 year relationship so quickly. But shit, after what I originally thought this isn't anything at all!

Again this is all according to what my dad told my uncle.

So now I feel like shit for the things I've said about my dad. But that's the problem with not having all the details. And I still don't really. And I won't until my dad tells me himself.

But hey, I vented in the previous post. Shit happens. I just hope my dad is okay. I also hope that my brother gets his shit figured out rather quickly.

This weekend has gone by rather quickly. I would have liked for it to have gone more slowly. I'm back to work tomorrow already, and it's already 4:32pm. *sigh* At least I have the rest of the afternoon/evening with Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment