January 11, 2010

Garfield Was Right

And by Garfield, I mean the orange cartoon cat. Mondays suck ass. Okay, so Garfield never said ass, but I'm sure he would have if the damn editors weren't so worried about pissing people off as they ate their toast and sipped their coffee. Those close minded bastards.

It's a good thing Master and I ended the weekend by having sex, other wise I might have gone insane today at work. Ah sex. The ultimate stress relief.

Work started off fine, for a Monday. It was busy, as it normally is. But then my coworker kept telling me how tired she was, and how she wasn't feeling well. She was back logged on her work for the day, so she asked me to help. And with me being a nice person, at work anyway, I hopped right in and helped while putting my work to the side for the moment.

So I finish the stack of work she asked me to help with and I stand up and look over the cubicle wall to hand her the papers back. And what do I see? Is she busting ass trying to keep up with the work flow? Oh no. that would make sense, seeing as I just cranked out about 50 sheets worth of data entry and she had less than that to do.

No. She was sitting there, hovering over her touch screen cell phone fucking texting people. So I slammed the papers on her desk and said, "Wow." She jumped a little and said, "What?"

I said, "Must be nice to have down time. Ya know, you might want to put that away and start doing your work so I don't have to swoop in and help you."

I was pissed. First I know that if she gets behind on her work, and it comes to our supervisor's attention I'll get shit for it as well because we're supposed to help one another when it's busy. And I have no problem doing that, as long as the other person is putting in the same amount of effort. I'm not there to make her day easier so she can text people and get fucking paid for it.

Now, admittedly, there are times where my Master will call me at work. We talk for tops 10 - 15 minutes. And ya know what the funny thing is? I keep working while talking to Him! I can multitask like that.

And I thought about going to my supervisor about it. But then I remembered the last time I brought this kind of shit to his attention. He brushed me off, and basically said that if "we" couldn't get "our" shit together, he'd have to find someone who could.

And I realize this coworker of mine is going through a rough time. She's living with her mother because she found her husband cheating on her, so she left him. I get that. But I'm sorry, that doesn't mean you come to work and slack off like that. I could understand if she was emotional and needed to go to the restroom for a little while or something. That I get. But she doesn't even seem upset by this fact. Plus she's texting guys that she wants to hook up with. So yeah, I doubt she is traumatized.

After I slammed that stuff on her desk and what not, she started doing her work. I think she is starting to realize that I'm not so nice all the time, and that I'm not going to do her work and mine unless it's truly because she needs the help with it. Not just because she wants to slack off.

Then my trainer comes over and says, "(Insert coworkers name here) did you get that packet done on Saturday?'

You see, before we switched job responcibilities, she had a packet that she had to enter into the system since November. It is now January, and it wasn't entered yet.

So my trainer had handed it to me on Friday and told me to put it as my top priority. Okay no problem! Got it covered. But then my coworkers popped up and said she wanted it because she was coming in this past Saturday for some overtime, because she really needs the money. The trainer said that was fine, as long as it got done.

Well guess who didn't fucking come in on Saturday. *ding ding ding ding ding* You win a cookie!

So the packet wasn't done yet. I had some of my other work to still complete and by this time we only had three hours left in the work day. So my trainer looks at me and says, "I'm sorry but we really need this in! It's over four weeks overdue."

I tell her it's not a problem and that I'll do my best.

Now this is a 111 page packet, with about 35 items on each page that need to be entered into the system. Anyone wanna guess how many pages my coworker got done from November until today?

*waits*

Okay I'll tell you. 15.

That left me with 96 pages. And at 35 items per page that comes to a grand total of 3,360 items to type in. With three hours left to the day.

I pulled it off! I couldn't believe it. I mean I know I'm a fast typist, especially when it comes to data entry because my brain seems to have formed this odd copy and paste function. Copy with the eyes, paste with the fingers moving at mach 3.

And when I was finally done and I printed off the list and matched it to the packet I had zero errors. Whoo-hoo! Go me!

My trainer was impressed when I dropped it off at her desk.

At the end of the work day I told my coworker that she better step it up. She gave me an odd look as if to say, "And what is that supposed to mean?" I just shrugged and walked off.

I've told her countless times that if she keeps texting, and browsing the internet, and talking on the phone all day, she's going to get in trouble. And I get having some down time during the work day. I take small breaks too. I walk to the lunch room for coffee. I talk to Master for 10 minutes. Small things like that. But what she does is just.... irresponsible.

Plus she's been with the company for over a year and a half. I'm only on the 10 month mark. Gah. That kind of shit just pisses me off.

But now I'm home. And Master made sure I had time to relax and just be. He's been affectionate and loving. He's made me laugh and I can't thank Him enough for it. It's exactly what I needed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment