January 13, 2010

Two More Days...

... until the weekend! Yay!

I ended up falling asleep on the couch last night around 11pm. Master woke me up a few hours later so we could go to the bedroom. I slept better, but I was still pretty tired today while at work.

Work was busy, but I was more relaxed about it today. I didn't allow myself to get stressed out, which was nice.

Towards the end of my work day Master called me and told me that He had an errand to run shortly after I got home. His mother's fiance, KB, had called and needed help getting a large tool cabinet out of the back of his pick up truck.

KB is the one that had a quadruple bypass surgery not that long ago. So my mother-in-law didn't want him attempting to do it by himself. I don't blame her.

Well His mother insisted that Master bring someone with to help out so KB wouldn't really have to do anything. She wanted Master to bring BC with. But Master knew I could help just as easily. So I went with.

We got down there around 7:45pm. KB backed up his truck, and got a makeshift ramp and put it on the tailgate of the truck. Master got up on the truck to position the tool cabinet in the middle of the bed of the truck. He then held out His hand and pulled me up onto the truck. Master then got down, stood at the bottom of the ramp. I pushed, He pulled, and we had it down in no time flat.

We all then went inside and my mother-in-law asked if KB  had to lift anything. I said no. She said, "So (insert Master's name) did it Himself?"

I blinked a few times and said, "Uh no. I got up there and pushed. Master pulled and that was that."

She was shocked. "You shouldn't have done that!"

She is one of those women that believes that physical labor of any kind is not something a woman should do. That's man's work, don't ya know. She would never do such a thing, she might break a nail. *snorts*

So I laughed and said, "Ma, I've helped remodel a living room, a kitchen, and a dining room. I've helped rip down an old garage and put up a new one. Not to mention putting up drywall in a basement. That was nothing."

We did a lot of remodeling when I was growing up. And we only hired people to do it for us when we did the roof and siding on the house. Everything else was my dad, my uncle, my brother and myself.

We stayed for about a half hour and then headed back home.

Now, I'm off to take my bath! Then Master and I are going to watch the Season Finale of Season 3 for The Tudors.

That makes me a little sad because I have to wait for Season 4 to come to Netflix!

No comments:

Post a Comment