January 9, 2010

Before I'm Tired or Loopy

Before I'm tired and/or loopy because I'm slap happy I thought I'd do my post. The past few days that I've been doing my blog posts, I have been tired or slap happy. I don't know if that comes across in the post or not. But either way, I thought I'd give posting a blog post while fully awake a try.

Today we went down to visit my mother. My brother was there as well. We gave him a card and a gift, as his birthday is Monday. He'll be 25. And soon enough (March) I'll be 27. It's kind of weird seeing him get older. Sometimes you forget that while you're aging, the people around you are doing it too. He's kind of in a bad spot right now, so I feel for him.

He wants to come up and visit some time soon, but figuring out when is the difficult part, as I work during the week and he can't really come up on the weekends because of his girlfriend being a major bitch. But we'll figure it out eventually.

I'm glad that Master and my brother get along. My brother and I didn't get along very well when we were growing up, and I know there are aspects of our lives that the other doesn't necessarily agree with, but that's how things go. But now? We get along. We joke around and what not.

Something kind of dawned on me today. Three major people in my life have died previously. They live on what I call "borrowed time".

Master died when He was 10, during a surgery. But here He is now, alive and kicking. I tease Him for having a heart beat. He still tries to deny it.

My mother died twice while giving birth to my brother. Each time she was brought back. I was almost 2 at the time. She's alive and well obviously.

And my brother. He was a still born. Unfortunately he was gone so long that he has permanent brain damage because of it. As a result, he is almost 25 but has the mentality of about a 16 year old. His brain doesn't not mature at a "normal" rate. He also has other health problems as a result of it. But again, there he is, almost 25 now.

Three people I know have "cheated" death. And I'm so glad that they did. My mother gets on my nerves, and is a drama queen most of the time, but I love her.

My brother is a pain in the ass, but he's a good guy, and I love him.

And then of course there is Master. My mate. I never would have known Him if He had slipped away when He was 10. I shudder to think what my life would have been like.

Wow. This post went morbid rather quickly. I have no idea why. I just kind of sat down and started typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment