September 30, 2009

Ask And You Shall Receive

Last week I was complaining to Master that even though we could use the extra money there didn't seem to be any extra work to do at my job, which meant no overtime. My job is extremely flexible on overtime, as long as it is warranted. I can stay a couple of hours extra if I have enough work to keep me busy. But if I were to just clock in and take my sweet ass time doing stuff, and run out of work before the end of my shift or something, then my supervisor would get a bit peeved.

Well apparently, someone besides Master heard my complaint. This week, there is plenty of work to do. It's like all of a sudden the work volume exploded.

Plus I talked to my supervisor today and he said that if it ever seems like there isn't enough work to warrant some overtime, just ask him or my trainer and they'd try and find something for me to do. My supervisor doesn't know the whole situation about my Husband being out of work currently. But he figures that as long as I am willing to work, he's willing to give me something to do. Well, within reason. It's not like I can work 4 hours extra each day.

But anyway...

I had Monday off, with a vacation day. And yesterday BC had to go to work early. So I went to work early as well. I ended up having a 10 hour day yesterday. Well, technically it was longer than that, but when you take lunch out... yeah 10 hour day.

Then today rolls around. And my supervisor says that we have to get completely caught up by Monday because he's implementing these new things to try and make us all more productive.

Well it's not all really new. Just after my trainer said we could split the work load evenly, today my supervisor told us that for the next three months I will be doing "x" and my coworker will be doing "y". That was how it was working for the past 6 months, like I said until recently. But hey, whatever. He thinks that because he's cracking the whip, my coworker may actually stop chatting on the phone most of the day and do her job. We shall see.

So I realized how much back log there was, due to my taking two days off, and also I'm sure because my coworker wasn't doing exactly what she was supposed to be doing. (I say that mainly because the back log started last Thursday, when I was there...)

I'm telling Master all this and how the supervisor is cracking the whip so to speak and He asks me if I want to stay late. I say, "But we're going grocery shopping..." and He said, "I know babe but we can do that after. They are open until 9pm or so."

I didn't really want to stay. I know, I just got done complaining last week that there was no overtime. But I am still tired from yesterday, and today was stressful. But hey, ya do what you gotta do. So I said, "Okay I'll stay for a while."

I filled up my mug with coffee, and now my right hand and wrist hurt thanks to how fast I was typing. (It's all data entry.) So today, I had a little over a 9 hour day.

My coworker said she would probably come in on Saturday to do some work. I doubt it. She hardly ever does when she says that. Plus she works that job, a part time job, and goes to college part time.

At the job I work with her at, she does her job for the most part, but it annoys me that she is constantly on the phone or talking to people in the office instead of being at her desk, doing what she is supposed to be doing. So I've started speaking up, to her, about it.

Plus I never saw the point in going in on the weekend unless it's absolutely necessary. I'd much rather clock in early, or leave late. Coming in on the weekend just means you're spending more in gas, and it's a lot easier to talk yourself out of it. You're home, you don't technically have to go in.. you know the drill.

We'll see how things are tomorrow before I decide whether I'll do it again tomorrow or not. I told Master I would prefer to take it day by day and gauge things as to whether or not I should stay. He said that was fine, and to just let Him know when He should pick me up from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment