September 18, 2009

Oh What A Day..

Last night Master and I retired to the bedroom and He claimed me before we both curled up and went to sleep. He only got up for about an hour last night. Perhaps His insomnia is slowly going away. We can hope.

I got up this morning and went to work. It was my half day, and the four hour work day went by quickly, for which I was thankful.

Master picked me up from work and we went to the antique store where we had tried to sell the sword we have, and also where we found out it was a replica. The reason why we went back is because while we had been there Master had found a beautiful necklace with a bloodstone pendant in the shape of a large mammal's tooth that He wanted. At the time we didn't have the money for it. Well today was pay day and so we went and it was still there, much to our surprise. So He now owns it. I was very touched when He told me that the reason why He wanted it was because it was my birthstone, and so it meant something to Him. *swoon* It's gorgeous!

From there we went home for a few hours and then had a late lunch. While we were eating His mother called my cell phone. I answered the phone and I could barely understand her. Not only was she crying, but the reception was cutting in and out.

Come to find out that her fiance, KB, had been at work and had a heart attack. He was rushed to the hospital, and that is where she was. So Master and I went to the hospital. It took some time to locate where they were exactly.

KB was being transferred from the emergency room into the ICU. In that short period of time they had already put in stints. It will need open heart surgery soon. How soon? We're not sure yet. It may be tomorrow. So once he was set up in the ICU, the three of us went to his room and kept him company. I was honestly a bit surprised that they let Master and myself in, since it was the ICU and we are not family.

His mother was a wreck. We did our best to try and calm her down and get a hold of herself so she could deal with the situation and be strong for KB.

Unfortunately while we there my stomach got upset. I hadn't felt well most of the morning, and then was when my body decided it wanted to fully act up. So I was in the bathroom for a good 20 minutes. I had asked Master to watch my purse when I excused myself. Eventually He got worried, and apparently went to find me.

So when I walked out of the bathroom He was waiting there. I'm not sick. But apparently my stomach can not handle Coke-a-Cola anymore.

We went back to KB's room. KB was drifting in and out of sleep. We knew he needed his rest. So we told my mother-in-law that we were going to leave so we wouldn't disturb him and so she could make some more phone calls to his family that are in a different state.

So now we have to be by the phones constantly. We told her to call if they need anything. We don't get along with Master's mother, but this is an emergency situation. And KB, while he has his flaws.. and many of them.. he's generally a good guy.

So that is where we stand at the moment. On alert. On stand-by. Master and I are trying to relax while we can in case something does go down and we have to rush out the door. We don't want to be falling asleep in the middle of a hospital or unable to respond if they need something.

No comments:

Post a Comment