September 28, 2009

Random Ideas

Today has been pretty low key. We stayed at home all day, and have been watching documentaries. One was on dinosaurs. Another was on Sam Kinison, you know, the comedian. And the last one was on Wisconsin, which was pretty damn amusing.

So yes, today has been extremely low key. I have greatly enjoy my four days off of work. And while on the one hand I wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow, I know I can't afford to squander away another vacation day.

So off to work with me in the morning. Or actually, before the sun even rises. You see BC needs to be to work by 6am. And honestly, I could use the little bit of extra cash on my paycheck as well, so I asked if he would still be willing to carpool with me and pick me up. He said that wasn't a problem. So I'll be getting up before the sun rises tomorrow. I should be one tired Kitten by the time I get home. That is, if I'm not so hopped up on coffee that I am annoyingly hyper.

This evening, while we were just relaxing and talking about whatever came to mind Master brought up how He'd like to do photography for a living. And I don't mean the type where you take personal portraits. He really wants to do nature photography or portraits of people's pets. I think it's a wonderful idea and I know He's wanted to do this for a long time.

He's talked about it on and off through out the years of our relationship. It's just that we've never had the start up cash for Him to start up His own business. It's not cheap.

I found websites that said you can receive government grants to start-up a business. We got very excited. That is until I did some more searching and was slapped with many websites saying that the government does not give out grants to start up a business, and that any website saying that they are available is a scam that is either attempting to collect your personal information or charge you money to have access to their database of bullshit.

*sigh*

But it's still a wonderful dream, one that we hope to pursue. We just aren't sure how to get it off the ground.

He would be the photographer. I would be the secretary/assistant/accountant. It would be run by us. We really wouldn't need any other employees. That is, unless it took off and we couldn't handle it all on our own.

It would be easier if we owned a house. Because then we could set up the studio in one part of the house, and wouldn't have to worry about renting a studio. But alas, we are in an apartment.

I know there are low interest small business loans out there. But I don't know how expensive they would be, or how quickly we would need to pay it back. But hey, it is something to look into.

I am still excited about it. It would give me an excuse to design a website for it! With a domain name, a personalized e-mail address... or the nerd in me is drooling over all of that.

I'm not saying that I would quit my job for this. It would be my second job.

But as I told Master there is no way we'd get this all started over night. It would be a slow process, but it's something to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment