September 2, 2009

The Day That Wouldn't End

Today work dragged by. Mainly because we are completely caught up on back log work now, and are just trying to get by on the day to day stuff. Yeah. That's not quite cutting it. For the last hour and a half of work I was sitting there basically trying to slow down so I would have enough to do. I had already called my trainer to see if there was any extra work to be done, and surprisingly there wasn't. So she told me to just try and slow down a bit. Sure, why not.

I did get away from my desk for a half hour today, as we are getting a new phone system for the office and we all had to learn how the new phone system works, and all that stuff. I know, it sounds stupid. It's a phone system. You pick up the phone, and you dial out. But really there are a lot of changes and apparently it will also work with our e-mail eventually by sending us messages when someone calls and when we have a voice mail.. stuff like that.

Master picked me up to work and we ended up going to a used book store. Master found two books He wanted, that were dirt cheap and hard covers. So yay!

While we were browsing at the bookstore His mother called Him on His cell phone. She is apparently in the middle of planning her wedding and wedding reception. She doesn't have a date set yet, but is trying to get an idea of how much this is going to cost her. Understandable.

Master handed me the phone, and I was like... "Huh?"

She wanted to know how much per plate we were charged at our reception. I told her I didn't know how much per plate, but for the entire thing.. for a headcount of 30 people it cost us about $500. That included two meats of our choice (we had ribs and chicken), three sides of our choice, soda, and the services of the bartender. (It was a cash bar. No way were we paying for everyone's alcohol.) Oh, also there was no room fee. Which was awesome!

I found it kind of odd that she would be asking me how much our reception cost, but then she said she was thinking of using the same place. That irks me in a way. It sounds highly territorial but I wanted to say, "Find your own place for you reception! That's ours!"

It's almost like I don't want her "day" tainting the memories of ours. You know?

Not to mention when we first told her that was where we were having our reception she looked down her nose at it. (We had rented a banquet room at one of our favorite bar and grills.) But now she thinks it's a good idea for her own? Say what?

Master thinks she is trying to grab some of the success Him and I have had in our marriage by following some of the same things we did. I was cranky over the whole thing and said, "Maybe it's because she's getting married for the fourth time and she's ran out of her own damn ideas."

The main saving grace to all of this is that we don't have to worry about attending the wedding. They are going on a cruise, getting married on the boat, and then when they arrive at their destination (Hawaii) they will honeymoon. When they get back from that, they'll have their reception. Master's suit, the one He wore when we got married, probably will not fit Him as He has lost quite a bit of weight. But He has some nice khaki type pants and dress shirts. So He'll probably wear that. Me? I plan on wearing black. Although I wore black when we were married as well. I probably won't wear that dress. I don't know. They are talking about getting married in either March or April.

Master and I were married in March. I'm hoping they go with April.

Again, territorial. And it may sound.. unreasonable. But I don't really care. All I told Master was that if they pick March 21st for their wedding day I'm gonna flip my lid. (How many of you guessed that's our wedding anniversary date before you read this sentence? You did?! Congrats! You win a cookie.) ;-)

Tomorrow is Thursday. It might be another slow day. But then Friday I'm booking out of there around noon. And then.. a wonderful three day weekend!

I'm in a very docile mood right now. I've just been a little stressed out at work, and with some friends/family. So sometimes, when I feel overloaded, it's like that kicks up in my tail to save me from screaming. I can get lost in just being docile and submissive towards Master. It's an escape in times like this.

My mind has been a whirlwind as of late. A whirlwind of what, I'm not sure since I can't slow it down long enough to take a look at all the details. I've been feeling a bit depressed lately. Nothing major, just a bit of a funk. I'm chalking it up to the stress at the moment.

So rather then allowing myself to wallow in that, which I hate doing, I'm trying to focus on being docile and being a good girl.

Master and I have been a bit cranky tonight. We're both sore, and Master has a pressure headache.

Back to the previous subject.... (which one? weddings) .. There is a lot of wedding talk going on at the moment. My mom told me my brother is thinking of proposing to his girlfriend. I'd rather he ran in the other direction, because I hate that bitch. But it's not my life. My mother in law, is obviously getting married. I have two coworkers that are getting married. One of them in only a couple of weeks.

All of this wedding talk, has me thinking about our wedding day. It was simple, and I loved it. I look forward to one day having an anniversary party. Preferably at the same place we had our reception. I wouldn't change one thing about our wedding day.

Most people have this one thing they wished they had done differently, or one thing that they wish hadn't happened or did happen. Not me. Our day was perfect, for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment