March 21, 2013

Decade

Today is our anniversary. We got married on our "regular" anniversary. We have officially been together for 10 years and married for 6 of them.

I had to work today which sucked. It also sucks that tonight I'm rather groggy and tired due to sinus medication.

But the important thing is that it is our anniversary. We aren't really doing anything tonight. But it's part of the reason why I took off of work next Friday, to try and make up for the fact that I had to work today.

It's hard to believe that an entire decade has passed since we first started this path of ours. In a way I sit there and think that there is no way an entire decade has passed. On the other hand it feels like we've known one another a lot longer than that.

We talked about our wedding day on and off through out the day. We both remember it vividly. I also vividly remember the first time I saw Him.

Time has not diminished either of those very important memories.

I have spent 10 years as His girl and about 9 1/2 years as His slave. (We started the dynamic rather quickly after we met but I'm not entirely sure when that was so I kind of round it up.)

I have spent 6 years as His wife. I have had His last name for 6 years. That very thought alone brings a smile to my face.

One thing I know for sure is that we have many, many more years together and I look forward to each and every one of them.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Coyote and kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I can only hope that my relationship remains as wonderful, loving, and fulfilling as yours has. It's inspiring to read about, gives me hope, and makes me smile =)

    ReplyDelete