March 30, 2013

E-Mail

In about two weeks I'll be starting my search for a new job. I'm waiting just to make sure that I actually get that next mini break I'm taking in two weeks. That way I'll feel like I've had a bit of a breather.

I'm hoping that the job hunt doesn't take long honestly. But that's probably not going to happen. It's not a bad thing to hope for though.

I was thinking about it just a few hours ago for some reason. I have three different e-mail addresses. My e-mail attached to this blog. My android phone e-mail as I didn't want that associated with any of my other e-mail addresses. That way anything from the phone provider or anything along those lines only goes to that e-mail. And then there is my primary e-mail address where absolutely everything else goes. 

Well, my primary one is just getting filled with more and more junk mail since I do use it for everything.

So I figured that maybe I should create a brand new e-mail address for the job search. It will most likely become my actual primary e-mail address and the one I have set as my primary right now will become the "junk" e-mail address that I use to sign up for stuff. In fact, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Also, I can check my new e-mail address right from my phone and not have to go through a lot of steps to do so as it is permanently stored on my phone and is an auto login. My current primary e-mail address takes more steps because it goes through our internet provider and is harder to login to from my phone. Also, for some reason the login page doesn't like to play nice on my phone.

I know Master is rolling His eyes reading this and thinking that I don't need to check my e-mail from my phone, but for the job search stuff I like the thought of being able to check it on my lunch break and things of that nature.

I know that sounds like a lot. Four separate e-mail addresses. But I find it easier for me to have different e-mail addresses for different things. I have no idea why it helps but it does. When I log into a specific e-mail address I know what it is used for and can then fly through the stuff I need, the stuff I want, and the stuff I can just delete.

Man, it kind of sounds like I'm an e-mail address hoarder. *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment