March 25, 2013

I'm A Good Listener

Sometimes I don't really understand why people tell me things that they wouldn't talk about normally. I guess I have one of those trust worthy faces. *snort*

This happened to me twice today. One I totally understood. That one was my mother. She called me not once, but twice today, to bitch about her husband. (My parents are divorced and my mother has been with her current spouse since I was 17.)

Everyone gets pissed off at their significant other. I know Master gets pissed off with me from time to time. And yes, even though He is the one in charge and I am the submissive one in this relationship, I get pissed off at Him sometimes. Just because He is in charge does not make Him immune from pissing me off. *laughs*

Anyway, she was pretty much bitching because her husband has been nagging the ever living hell out of her for the past two days about something. And each time she tries to tell him that she needs to calm down before they continue the conversation he won't give her room to breathe and if she tries the quiet shoulder approach he does the, "Honey. Hun. Sweetie..." etc until she responds. Basically think of a kid holding onto your leg and going, "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mommy. Mom."

She was venting up a storm man and I understand why she talks to me about it. I mean yeah, I'm her daughter but we can talk as two grown adults. I'm a grown married woman and so is she. So we can talk on those levels without bringing the mother/daughter thing into it.

The other one that happened today though I have absolutely no idea why he opened up to me. The passenger in my carpool has absolutely no problem complaining about his wife and marriage to me. He has been that way since shortly after we started carpooling together.

Maybe it's because he knows I have absolutely no one to tell about it. I don't talk to his wife. I simply wave at her if I see her in the driveway or something like that.

It still amazes me though. Today it was about how lately he can't seem to do anything right. And I'll be honest, I comment back on it. I don't know him outside of work and I don't know her at all except for what he tells me. But hell, you're telling me.. I'll comment. And I have to side with him nine times out of ten. His wife sounds like an uber cunt behind closed doors. At least if everything he says is true.

And just last Friday the girl who sits next to me at work started telling me shit I really, really had no business knowing. Does that stop me from listening? No. I don't feel uncomfortable about it. Honestly, this kind of thing has happened to me a lot in my life.

She was telling me about how she has been saving up for the past two years in an account her husband doesn't know about in order to pad herself for a divorce. He has no idea, apparently, that she wants a divorce. She even pulled out the divorce paperwork out of her work desk drawer. She told me that she is getting closer to filing it because she believes she has enough money to do so.

But did it end there? No. She proceeded to tell me that over the course of the past two years she has cheated on him a total of 18 times with 3 different men, all of which know her husband. Hell, one of them is his cousin.

Holy fuck. I commented. But I wasn't a bitch. I just told her to make sure she was going to be stable before she files and serves him. That was my one and only comment. In general do I agree with what she is doing? No. But I don't know her. I've talked to her a total of 15 times over the past 4 years about things that didn't have to do with work. And it was normally just small chit chat. This was highly unexpected. But since I don't know her, I don't know her situation. As a result I cannot say that what she is doing is wrong. Maybe it's exactly what she should be doing. I have no fucking idea.

So yeah... I'm a good listener apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment