March 14, 2013

Goals

When Master and I first started dating I was still living in my home town. He was up here where we currently live. About two and a half years into our relationship I moved up here to live with Him.

We've been here ever since. For the past couple of years we've kind of gone back and forth as to where we want to officially settle down. By settle down I mean pick an area to live in permanently. I don't necessarily mean buying a house right away. We aren't ready for that yet financially. But we keep going back and forth. Do we want to stay in this general area? Do we want to move only a little outside of this area? Or do we want to move out of town?

When my current job first moved out to where it is now we briefly toyed with the idea of moving out to that area. It was quickly dismissed though. I don't like the idea of moving simply for a job. Especially since at that time I had only been with the company for a little under a year. The thing that scares me the most about moving out to an area just for a job is that if I ever decide to leave the job I'm stuck out there. And I didn't want to live out there to begin with and neither did Master.

So like I said that was quickly dismissed.

Since that time we've been talking about it here and there. My idea was to move back to His hometown. I like that place. He knows the area like the back of His hand and it's closer to our families. Honestly the family part is more for me than Him. He doesn't mind not living close to family. He's lived clear across country for crying out loud. (Before I met Him obviously.)

Me? I've always been close to home. This is the furthest I've been. His hometown is literally right between where we are now and my hometown.

He has fought my idea of moving back to His hometown since I mentioned it. Why? I guess it's because He worked hard to leave it and had such a wanderlust when He was younger.

But today... today He said something that surprised me. He said He wanted to seriously look into moving back to His hometown. It's like it's calling us down there, if that makes sense.

It obviously will not be an overnight thing. Since I'll be looking to hop jobs soon anyway, I'll be focusing more on finding a job down there. That will be a little bit more of an incentive to move there. And even though it'll be His hometown it's still going to be easier on the car than driving to where I work now. And easier on me.

That will be the first step I think. Finding a job down there. Second will be saving up some money for the expenses moving will rack up. First and last month. Still paying rent here for two months while we get a new place set up down there. Then the rental truck. I don't know anyone who owns a truck anymore so it's a must. Plus it'll be a lot easier doing everything in one go. So a nice rental box truck will be the easiest.

After that the hunt for a new place to live would start.

I have no idea how long this process is going to take. But it's a goal. And a goal is a good thing to have. Since we started talking about moving a few years ago we've kind of just been treading water. And the longer we are here the more eager we are to leave. It's coming to a head and so we're taking the thought more seriously and setting it as a goal.

It's honestly just getting more and more on our nerves living here. Mainly due to the neighbors and the fact that our rent goes up every year but nothing is getting done. It's all staying the same and we're paying more money for more of the same.

Yes, I know that can happen anywhere. But that's not the point. We're getting anxious about it.

The goal is set. Now it's just working towards it. It'll be a long road but I'm ready for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment