March 15, 2013

Cluster Fuck

Today did not start off well at all. I use two old cell phones for alarm clocks. Well, finally the cell phone I've been using for about a week was out of a battery charge so I grabbed the other one and set it before I went to bed. No big deal right? Well this morning I'm sleeping soundly and the next thing I know I hear Master saying, "Babe?" I partially wake up and look over at Him. As I do that I see the clock. It says 7:20am. WHAT?!

I hop out of bed like the bed is on fire saying out loud, "That can't be right!" I had set the alarm clock after all. I run out to the living room and sure as shit it's 7:20am. I quickly brush my teeth and got dressed. I turned on my actual cell phone. There are two text messages from the passenger in my carpool and a voice mail. I call him back and apparently his wife had started to take him to work but they hadn't reached the interstate yet. So she dropped him off at a gas station so I could pick him up and she could rush off to work.

Master was up as well and as I'm rushing around He's telling me to calm down because it wouldn't do any good to be upset while driving and get in an accident. He took the dog out for me so I could get going. By the time He started walking back in with the dog I was walking out to the car and so He gave me a quick hug.

As soon as I hit the driveway I swore a lot, very loudly so I could get some of my frustration out before getting on the road itself.

I picked up the passenger in the carpool and apologized over and over again. He was pretty damn cool about it saying that shit happens.

Amazingly we only got to work five minutes late. But that didn't matter because if I'm late to work I feel rushed the rest of the day.

It was my half day and those four hours flew by. I dropped off the passenger in the carpool and then rushed home.

I was still somewhat anxious due to how the day had started. I picked up Master and we went out to lunch with His dad and two youngest sisters. That was a lot of fun and helped me relax and chill the hell out.

Since then I've been more calm and all that but I feel drained now. Sluggish. Tired. That adrenaline rush this morning took it's toll apparently.

But I don't want to take a nap because then I won't sleep at all tonight.

Although I did figure out why my alarm didn't go off. I had forgotten to change that particular clock when daylight savings kicked in. I felt like a fucking idiot. But since I had been using the other one I didn't even think about it when I set that one last night. You would think I would have noticed that the time display wasn't correct while I was setting it but apparently I wasn't paying attention at all. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment