March 22, 2013

Random Stuff

Work seemed to take forever today. Fridays normally do anyway but it was worse than usual today. I think part of the reason is due to the fact that my time renews tomorrow. My work anniversary is tomorrow (four years now) and as a result my vacation time and personal time get renewed. Since I knew this I wished it had renewed today instead so I could of ducked out of work a couple of hours early.

Oh well. I have off next Friday. And two weeks after that I get a 5 1/2 day break. I just have to remember that after that I have to space out my time in case I get called for a job interview. I'll be starting that journey right after that 5 1/2 day break. Why? Well, that way I know I got that mini vacation under my belt before starting to look for a new job.

I'm both excited and nervous about looking for a new job. Where ever I end up I hope they let me give a two week notice to my current job. I've actually never done that. All of my previous jobs wanted me to start that following Monday. Well, aside from when I accepted the job I currently have. They gave me the ability to give a two week notice. But we were financially set so that I could just quit and have the whole two weeks off before starting this job. I hated my last job so I didn't feel bad at all for not giving notice.

I was so happy when I got out of work today and have been in a good mood since then.

Oddly enough right after dinner our phone rang. It was my dad. I found that kind of odd. He asked what we were doing tomorrow. I told him that we were staying home all weekend. Master had said He wanted a weekend off from family stuff. I was very surprised when Dad asked if he could come up. But like I said Master had said He wanted the weekend off from family stuff. I asked Dad to hold on for a minute. I covered the phone and told Him what Dad had said.

I was a little surprised when Master said that was fine by Him. So Dad is coming up tomorrow. He said he just wants to get out of town for a little bit and figured that coming up to visit us sounded good.

After I got off the phone with him I looked at Master and said, "I though You wanted the weekend off?"

He just shrugged and said that He just didn't want to go anywhere this weekend and that He had absolutely no problem with someone coming over. He has a good point though. Because all of our family is south of us we normally go there. People hardly come up to see us. This will only be the fifth or sixth time my dad has been up here in the eight years I've lived up here. My mother has been here two or three times. My brother has been up the most since he likes spending a weekend up here.

Anyway, that's what is going on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment